UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Barcode Reader    

Alan_G
post Sep 10 2007, 05:15 PM
Post#21

Remembered as Utterly Yorkshire and Forum/Wiki Editor

Hi and Welcome to UA (even if it's on a non Access related thread) sad.gif
The original reader (the Acan FG-8100) was tried in both a USB port and in the PS2 keyboard input as the cable supplied has both connectors on it. Result was the same in either case - no text output although the reader appeared to read the barcode. The new reader works perfectly, so I can only surmise that the cheap and cheerful one is faulty........
Go to the top of the page

alexan_e
post Sep 11 2007, 10:12 AM
Post#22

Hi
Me again, i was wondering if you have the manual of the Acan FG-8100 reader because i didn't receive a manual with my reader.
If so can you please tell me if it includes barcode instructions so that you can program the reader (barcode type to recognise, baud rate, change the char it sends after the barcode etc.)
Owasn't able to find it anywhere on the internet and i'm thinking of buying a second one that includes the manual but only if the manual has some advanced settings and since i haven't seen the manual i don't know if its just simple instructions to use it or it includes advanced features.
Thank you ans sorry for continuing this not forum topic
Alex

Alan_G
post Sep 11 2007, 04:55 PM
Post#23

Remembered as Utterly Yorkshire and Forum/Wiki Editor

Hi
Yes, mine came with a 'manual'. It's written in pigeon english having been badly translated from (I think) Chinese. It doesn't have instructions as such, but it does have all of the bar codes you need to scan to change just about any setting you can think of. It's A5 size and has 42 pages of barcodes to scan, which change all of the settings. I also tried searching the net to find a decent manual when I was trying to get mine working, but couldn't find one.
If you want, I could scan the pages you need for you...........let me know the settings you want to change

alexan_e
post Sep 12 2007, 04:31 PM
Post#24

Thank you for your offer to help but it's not that i need a specific setting, i just want to check the options i have to cutomize the reader and i don't even know what kind of settings it includes.
Osuppose that it's similar to another manual i found for a bar code reader in the link i wrote in my previews email in this thread (interface, typing speed, change beep duration, barcodes to accept etc.).
Basically i wanted to be sure that this scanner can be programmed as the other one i found and that its worth having the manual so thank you for letting me know .
yayhandclap.gif
Alex

ExcelRanger
post Oct 15 2007, 09:08 AM
Post#25

Greetings everybody.
My first post here.
How much did you pay for that bar code scanner? You don't have to answer that one...
Outilize an HP Point-of-Sale bar code scanner with a single USB plug. It worked fine right from the start without having to program it. Symbol makes the exact same scanner...they are both from the same factory in Mexico. My company paid $150.00 through tigerdirect.com. It has already paid for itself.
had similiar problems with an old Intermec scanner with the PS2/USB converter and junction box. Returned it to storage.
You get what you paid for...
Excel Ranger

sisco79901
post Jan 20 2008, 06:28 PM
Post#26

Hi, I think it's too late, but I just bought the same barcode reader. It's designed to work in conjunction with an ps2 keyboard. You have to connect the ps2 keyboard in one end and the scanner in the other of the supplied cable attached to the scanner, and then use the USB to ps2 converter. The ps2 keyboard has the clock signal the scanner needs. You can also connect ANOTHER USB keyboard if you want. The ps2 keyboard that you connect to the scanner is only needed by the clock signal (you can use a defective ps2 keyboard if you want). Hope this help. I use this setting under Windows XP and Vista also. It's hardware matter. Not configuration or device driver problem.

nick1223
post Jun 11 2018, 11:45 AM
Post#27

I have also a barcode reader, I am using the USB port special in the port access to the barcode. but sometimes you have faced so many issues regarding the internal or external issue. if you do not solve the issue, you may check it on Canon printer technical support

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th October 2018 - 07:45 AM