UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Report Printing Too Many Pages, Access 2016    

kgerlitz
post Dec 5 2017, 07:50 PM
Post#1

Within a report I have a continuous subform that pulls data from a query. Print margins for the report are set correctly. When I print the report everything looks great except it prints multiple copies of the same report. I have noticed that the number of pages it prints is relative to the number of records within the continuous subform. I have researched "Totals" queries but not sure I understand how to apply it nor am I certain this is the correct direction I should be going.

Any ideas on how I should approach this problem???

--------------------
Totally, Completely, Utterly Confused
Go to the top of the page

projecttoday
post Dec 6 2017, 07:01 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

You can't put a subform on a report. Are you getting multiple identical copies of the same report? It sounds like the detail section of your subreport is too tall.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

BruceM
post Dec 6 2017, 07:25 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

To add a little to Robert's observation that you can't put a subform on a report (well, you can, but don't count on it behaving as you would like), you can however use a subreport. Or, depending on the result you need, you can combine two or more tables into a single query, use that query as the report's Record Source, and group the report to get the desired result. I tend to use a single query and report grouping when possible, but there are a lot of places a subreport is needed.

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 6 2017, 08:04 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Just a bit of additional perspective. I am just now cleaning up a report where I re-used subforms, rather than add corresponding subreports. Big mistake. Opening the report had the unfortunate side effect of closing the main form where those same subforms were also used. Closing the report left a big ol' blank space where the form had been displayed....

You can do it, but it's not a great idea most of the time.

--------------------

Art_Of_War
post Dec 7 2017, 03:52 AM
Post#5

Another idea: you could make a form containing the subform, and THEN create a report based on that form. It will indeed include the fields contained within the subform, which I presume is what you want. Can you give us more info, as in, screen snips, code or similar uploads?

Keep us posted, we're here to help. I've been tackling a similar problem recently.
This post has been edited by Art_Of_War: Dec 7 2017, 03:53 AM

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2017 - 09:05 PM