UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dynamic Hyperlinks/bookmarks, Any Version    

Raas
post May 16 2017, 11:50 AM
Post#1

I'm using Word 2016.

Is it possible to have a return link become dynamic so the return changes depending on where the hyper jump came from? I.E. In a document in, say, paragraph 2 I want the user to be able to jump to an appendix for some instructions. I then want the appendix to have a return link back to the original paragraph 2 from where they came. However, if they are in Paragraph 4, I want them to be able to jump to the same appendix, but have the return link now take them back to paragraph 4 not 2.

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page

BruceM
post May 16 2017, 12:11 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

You can add a Back button to the Quick Access Toolbar (or any toolbar, for that matter, but the Quick Access Toolbar is always visible). Right click the Quick Access Toolbar or any ribbon, and click Customize Quick Access Toolbar. Select All Commands on the left, and select Back from that list.

Raas
post May 16 2017, 12:21 PM
Post#3

Thank you, but I want it to be a link on the actual document itself. The back button takes the user to the previous page, but not necessarily to the actual location where the "jump" was created from. I may have to do something like that, but educating users isn't what I wanted to do.
This post has been edited by Raas: May 16 2017, 12:22 PM

BruceM
post May 16 2017, 01:20 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

In my experience the back button takes the user back to the place from which the jump originated. It's easy enough to test.

As for rewriting links on the fly, I expect it can be done, but you may do better to go to a site such as Office Forums. UtterAccess is a very good place for Access questions, and is quite good for Excel and a number of other things, but you may not find the level of Word programming here that you would need for a task such as this. I expect it is possible, and I have a general idea of how I would begin to go about it, but I really don't know.

Raas
post May 16 2017, 03:36 PM
Post#5

I went to Office Forums. Thank you.

BruceM
post May 17 2017, 06:59 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

There are some expert Word coders there. Good luck!

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd August 2017 - 10:48 AM