UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "corrupted" View With Relational Table, Access 2013 Web App    

JoeAccessWebAPP
post Jun 14 2017, 11:04 PM
Post#1

Hi all

I am having trouble with a view on my AWA. ill explain:

View one - called Training providers has two 'Related items controls', one called contact info and the other trainers.

When loading view one the related Items controls say: "There was a problem loading the data for this tab."

However, when I go into the Trainers view then click the hyperlink to the Training providers field (through organisation -which is the related Item control) it works fine.

Basically the view and link are all fine but the main view will not work as expected.

Has anybody had similar issues and if so how did they fix?

Thanks

Go to the top of the page

RobKoelmans
post Jun 15 2017, 02:47 AM
Post#2

I never used RIC's much but - building up tables, queries and views from scratch that do work - expanding them step by step to what's not working usually did the job.
Hope this helps.
Rob

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 15 2017, 05:56 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

Welcome to UtterAccess.

I've usually found problems of that sort tend to be that the linking fields are not specified appropriately or that the names used are not correct. It's also important to include the appropriate Primary and Foreign Key fields in the queries that provide recordsets for both the main form and RIC. However, trouble-shooting that tends to be fussy. Follow Rob's suggestion to see if you can create the elements one at a time that work.

And, I assume, you already know that AWAs are being deprecated on Office 365. If you have an on-premises SharePoint Server and have built your AWAs on that platform, the timeline is longer, but still finite. For that reason I'd recommend investing time in finding and developing a suitable alternative over further efforts in an Office 365 AWA.

Of course, if you are on an on-premises SP server, the urgency is less.

In any event, continued success with your project.

--------------------

ryan996
post Jun 19 2017, 03:55 AM
Post#4

Is the FK for your child control in the same table/query as the parent control?

Could you send us screenshots of the data tab for both the parent control and child control combo boxes?

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    28th June 2017 - 09:04 PM