UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Date Format To Month Year, Access 2013    

swarnamjvasudeva...
post Dec 3 2017, 11:14 AM
Post#1

Hi all,
Sorry for my question which may be very basic. But I am terribly looking for support.
In my table , I defined property as medium date. Every day, my team inputs data on daily basis. But I want to have a monthly summary as cross tab. Like month-year format. I tried a lot but could not.....pl help
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 3 2017, 11:24 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Format([YourDateFieldGoesHere], "mmmm-yyyy") ought to do it if you want the NAME of the month written out. Or if you want the digits, Format([YourDateFieldGoesHere], "m-yyyy") If you want show the month with two digits, Format([YourDateFieldGoesHere], "mm-yyyy") will put a leading 0 on single digit months.

--------------------

swarnamjvasudeva...
post Dec 4 2017, 11:18 AM
Post#3

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply. I checked and it worked partially. Because , I could get in the required date format by using FORMAT mmmm-yy or so....but when I do a cross tab query , it is not sorted in the ascending order. I tried with mmmm-yy and other formats.....but it didn't work.
Please do help me. Thank in advance

PhilS
post Dec 4 2017, 11:23 AM
Post#4

Sorting is completely independent of formatting. You should explicitly specify the desired sort order for the relevant columns.
If you have got data from multiple years in your query the format yyyy-mm is probably better suited for sorting.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2017 - 12:56 AM