X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pivot Table Custom Field, Office 2013    
post Mar 9 2018, 02:43 PM

I have this custom formula in a pivot table: IF(OR(MEASURE="URI17",MEASURE="AAB17"),1-(NUMERCNT2/DENOMCNT2),NUMERCNT2/DENOMCNT2).
It's always using the second formula(NUMERCNT2/DENOMCNT2) even for URI17 and AAB17. I can't figure out why it's not taking the IF OR correctly.
Any advice?
Go to the top of the page
post Mar 9 2018, 03:34 PM

Ok, I want to calculate a formula in a pivot table. One of the fields in my data is "MEASURE". If measure = "AAB17" or "URI17" I want to use one calculation else I want to use a different calculation inside of the pivot table is this possible?

post Mar 13 2018, 10:43 AM

I could not get this to work either. Can you modify your source data to put the formulas there?
This post has been edited by larai: Mar 13 2018, 10:44 AM
post Mar 13 2018, 02:33 PM

Utter Access VIP

There is a difference between a calculated item and a calculated field. Calculated fields work with other fields. Calculated items work with the values a field can take. A lot depends on how your data are organized.

Do a web search on Calculated Item to see if it will work for you.

Better still, cobble together several dozen rows of non-sensitive data that a "rigged" to take both branches of the logic and post it here.

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st March 2018 - 01:43 AM