UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creating A 'locked' Template In Word 2016, Office 2013    

baffled100
post Jun 6 2018, 04:09 PM
Post#1

Hi,

I am not very proficient in Word, but I thought that creating a template where the header and footer could be locked/uneditable would be fairly simple. I have been googling and attempting to create the template but it's not working for me so far! I downloaded a template from online, but that didn't work for me either. Quite simply, I have a graphic to put centered in the header and 2 lines with address info centered in the footer. What I want is for a user to open the template and the cursor would be exactly where the user can start typing. I don't want the user to be able to access the header where he/she could accidentally delete the graphic or move it. If the user gets to the bottom of the page, the typing should skip over the footer and continue on to a 2nd page that would include the same header/footer. I've been able to lock the graphic in the sense that when typing beside it, it doesn't move, but it can still be deleted. It seems like the header and footer should be able to be locked so that when the user starts typing it will be below the header and if typing more than a page, it will skip over the footer. I tried protecting the document as a form, but then I couldn't get it so that a user could type text in the appropriate area.

I'm hoping that there are easy steps to do this! Thanks in advance if you can help smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd October 2018 - 04:28 AM