UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using A Form - Need To Write A Macro To Send An Email, Access 2016    

rayted
post Mar 13 2018, 07:09 AM
Post#1

Hi all,

I am desperate for basic help with writing a macro.

I am creating a mini IT support system.

When using the form (see image attached), I want an email notification to be sent when a new ticket has been opened (this could perhaps be using ID, or opened date.

I have tried researching and writing macros but nothing works! can someone please help?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  macro.png ( 71.44K )Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Mar 13 2018, 07:35 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Look over http://www.devhut.net/2018/02/16/ms-access...-send-an-email/ it should help you get started.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 13 2018, 08:20 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

Welcome to UtterAccess.

Usually, it's much easier to get specific help if you can provide specific descriptions of what you tried as well as specific descriptions of the problem. "... but nothing works" really gives us nothing to go on.

Try again, please.

What DID you write in your macro? What was the exact error number and error description returned? Or if there was no error, what did happen, or didn't happen?

--------------------

rayted
post Mar 13 2018, 09:15 AM
Post#4

Thanks Daniel - this is a good read. It isn't exactly what I`m looking for but it is good to have context

rayted
post Mar 13 2018, 09:20 AM
Post#5

Thank you for the kind welcome. Here is an example of a macro and error message I am getting

Attached File(s)
Attached File  macro1.png ( 86.6K )Number of downloads: 4

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 13 2018, 09:39 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

The way you write macros is not the same way you would write VBA. That error message tells you that, although there IS a form with that name in the database, it's not available when the macro runs.

There are at least two possible reasons.

First, the form may not be open when the macro runs. It needs to be open and that control must have a value in it.

Or, it could be that the syntax of the form reference is not correct for a macro.

A third, less likely possibility, is that the last part of the error message applies: there is code in a VBA module which doesn't compile because of some error.
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Mar 13 2018, 09:40 AM

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th July 2018 - 04:45 AM