UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Call Database - Design Database, Access 2013    

mwatson96
post Oct 10 2017, 10:30 AM
Post#1

I have more of a design issue than a coding issue. I can figure out how to code it just don't know how to handle a situation.
I have created a call database used to call our clients. Some phone numbers may belong to multiple clients and we need to
talk to both members. The main form only shows one member at a time so, my problem is how do I let the user making the
call aware of the fact that there is more than one client to be spoken with at that number. In other words, I need to be able to display
something on the form that notifies the user that there are multiple clients at this location. This way the user doesn't have to make multiple
calls to one location. Does anyone have any ideas?

Go to the top of the page

kfield7
post Oct 10 2017, 10:46 AM
Post#2

I would use a continuous sub-form. You should be able to link it using the number or the location.

Alternatively, you could put a button on the main form to open a pop-up with the continuous form, filtered on the number or location.
This post has been edited by kfield7: Oct 10 2017, 10:47 AM

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 10 2017, 10:50 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

Agreed.

If you have a junction table linking phone numbers from the phone table to contacts from the contact table, you can easily set this up in a continuous view subform.

If that's NOT the way the tables are set up, you may need to address that problem first.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th October 2017 - 11:49 AM