UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows 2012 R2 And Dcom Issue, Any Versions    

LeeAnn
post Jun 8 2018, 08:37 AM
Post#1

I hope that someone can help me here or maybe point me in the right direction as I am unable to find my answer anywhere else. I have posted stuff about this application before (System Architect) and I do not think it is a application issue, it is more of an OS issue. System Architect places a file in he DCOM area of the system. I have placed the user name and the password for that user in the identity tab. When I place the password in the fields (password and confirm password) it accepts the password but after I hit accept it is placing what I can only call a "default password" but accepts the password I placed in the fields. My web application will allow users to log in as an updater in it until policies are ran on the server, then the application will refuse to allow anyone on as updater. I look at the logs and it tells me that the user name and password are incorrect. I can go back and paste the correct password back in the DCOM file and it again works, but only until the polices are ran, then it stops allowing users to log in as updater.

I have looked high and low regarding this issue. I have searched for how DCOM works and where it sets its settings up. I have yet found ANY information regarding setting up a default password in DCOM. Attached is the window of what settings I am talking about. I have tried setting up the Identity as launching user and interactive user and the system will not allow the user to log in as updater but will allow to log in as reader. The only way is to have the system account (SAXTUSERDEV) run the application.

I know no one here will probably be able to assists but maybe can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance,
This post has been edited by LeeAnn: Jun 8 2018, 09:03 AM

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson
Go to the top of the page

LeeAnn
post Jun 8 2018, 01:30 PM
Post#2

Update: Ok, sometimes you just have to stop and say a few good expletive words. After toying with this thing for I do not know how long I think we have a version conflict version of the software. I downloaded this software right before IBM sold it to Unicom. Unicom has been a great help with issues and even this one has them stumped (and we have had some major issues but this one has everyone stumped). Just a bit ago I decided to watch closely what was going on. I set the DCOM identity setting to be launching user as Unicom has it and not specifying the user name. I received the error I always get when I set it, "Cannot load Encyclopedia". IBM stated that this error can happen because the Encyclopedia is not of the same version of the application. Well I know that I have the Application on the server and the Encyclopedia to be version 11.4.3.7. I was sort of shocked to see when I looked at the process that was running, the version of System Architect stated it was 11.4.0.6. I said "Whoa there!". So it seems the DCOM file just might be a little bit out of date and this is why we cannot get the application to work right. I have sent an email to Unicom informing them of what I have found out. I had to really look at everything. I would have thought that the version of System Architect and the DCOM file would be the same but it seems not. Again I do not know if this is the reason why we are having issues but it would explain a lot.... I am still mystified as to why passwords are not saved on my server in the DCOM section, but maybe I will not have to worry about it.

So lesson learned and is passed on to everyone, don't assume anything....

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th July 2018 - 08:08 AM