UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Macro Error 2525, Access 2016    

lord_kaiser
post Nov 14 2017, 04:51 AM
Post#1

Hi Everyone,

I have a database that I’ve split and added to the trusted location.

I have then converted it to an accde file. I have the imported the relevant modules from jstreet technology to help me Relinker the tables on startup with an autoexec macro everything works well no issues.

In order to test it further I move the back end to another folder. When twinning the accdb file no issues.

When running the accde I get the error:

the expression you entered has a function that microsoft access cant find

I have compiled the code and no errors come up.

Any suggestions on what may be causing this and how to resolve it? I created the acde file in access 2016 16.0.4266.1001

Thanks

--------------------
Regards,
lord_kaiser
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 14 2017, 07:12 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Unfortunately, that error indicates there is a problem somewhere in the code, but it's impossible to guess where that might be without actually being able to review the entire accdb/accde.

It might be a reference problem, but you indicate the accdb compiles and runs properly on the same computer where the accde fails, so that seems unlikely.

There has been a report recently of an update that causes problems with accdes. However, I think the specifics are different from your problem.

--------------------

ScottGem
post Nov 14 2017, 08:21 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP / UA Clown

At what Point do you get the error message? You may need to put in some error trapping to find the specific culprit.

--------------------
Scott <>
Scottgem's Blog
Microsoft Access MVP since 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

lord_kaiser
post Nov 14 2017, 03:32 PM
Post#4

Groverparkgeorge,

I had a feeling it may be the case of the accdb but on compilation absolutely no errors. The issue only starts when the file is saved as an accde .

Regarding the link to the post, another member had previously shared that link with me. I don’t think that would be my issue as I used an entirely different machine not running that access version.

Scottgem,

The error is caused when running the autoexec macro. If I were to look at trapping the error how would I go about this as the accde doesn’t let me review code and in the accdb there are no compile errors?

Thanks

--------------------
Regards,
lord_kaiser

ScottGem
post Nov 22 2017, 10:02 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP / UA Clown

You can put an On Error statement in a macro as well as VBA code that will display a message indicating the error number and description.

--------------------
Scott <>
Scottgem's Blog
Microsoft Access MVP since 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th November 2017 - 12:36 AM