UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Filtering Data Sheet Of Split Form, Access 2016    

KimFarm
post Nov 14 2017, 03:43 PM
Post#1

I am tracking training requirements for staff. I've created a split form. When I input a staff members name, I would like the classes that particular staff member attended to appear in the datasheet. I'd like to then clear out their name and input another staff member's name. How do I accomplish this?

TIA
Kim
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 14 2017, 03:54 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Kim

Assuming you have a one-to-many relationship between the staff table and the classes table, then you don't want to use a Split Form for this. Instead, you might try using a form/subform setup. The main form should be based on the staff table, and the subform (in datasheet view), should be based on the classes table.

Hope it helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email

KimFarm
post Nov 14 2017, 04:45 PM
Post#3

Thank you! That was helpful. How do I set it up so that I can type in a staff member's last name, and it pulls up their list of classes? Do I use a button?

theDBguy
post Nov 14 2017, 05:16 PM
Post#4

Hi,

When you set up the subform, you'll need to link it to the main form using the primary key field of the Staff table and the foreign key field of the Classes table. These links will auto-filter the subform to the related records for the main form.

To navigate to a specific staff (lastname), I recommend using an unbound combobox. Add a combobox to the main form using the Wizard and select the third option.

Hope it helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

KimFarm
post Nov 15 2017, 04:59 PM
Post#5

This worked perfectly. Thank you for your input. I really appreciate the help from this board.

Now to go make my form pretty....

theDBguy
post Nov 16 2017, 12:42 AM
Post#6

Hi,

You're welcome. Glad we could assist. Good luck with your project.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th November 2017 - 07:58 AM