UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question About Fillable Pdf Demo, Access 2010    

theDBguy
post Oct 15 2018, 01:51 PM
Post#81

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Okay, this is exactly what I was saying to you earlier. This is not possible without using the API technique.

Please take a look at my previous post where I highlighted the different file extensions. In your posted image, it looks like you're not showing the file extension, so maybe that is why you are not seeing the actual file you're opening and seeing.

The way the XFDF file works is it opens the MyFile.PDF file to display the data in the XFDF file. So, when you look at your PDF Viewer, you will see the name of the PDF file, which is MyFile.pdf, and not the name of the XFDF file, which is MyFile_Smith_15_10_2018.xfdf.

Once again, when you double click on MyFile_Smith_15_10_2018.xfdf, the Acrobat Reader or Viewer reads the file and opens the PDF file referenced in the line:

Print #intFile, "<f href=""C:\SavePDF\" & strPDF & """/>"

Remember, strPDF refers to:

Const strPDF As String = "MyFile.pdf"

So, the PDF viewer is actually opening to display the data using C:\SavePdf\MyFile.pdf.

In other words, you don't have a PDF file called MyFile_SMITH_15_10_2018.pdf. You only have a PDF file called MyFile.pdf and a XFDF file called MyFile_SMITH_15_10_2018.xfdf.

To create a PDF file called MyFile_SMITH_15_10_2018.pdf, you'll need to use the API approach.

Hope it's clearer now...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 15 2018, 01:58 PM
Post#82

PS. Let me ask you this:

You did get the API approach working, correct? If you use it, don't you see the name MyFile_SMITH_15_10_2018.pdf when you open the file, correct?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

frm
post Oct 15 2018, 02:22 PM
Post#83

Yes and I thought that what you do with bees could also be done without using the APIs I thought you could do without API

theDBguy
post Oct 15 2018, 02:51 PM
Post#84

Hi,

Sorry, I tried to make it clear from the start that there are two approaches to fill out a PDF form and tried to explain, as clearly as possible, what each one can and cannot do.

With the XFDF approach, you'll end up with two files, the PDF file and the XFDF file. With the API approach, you could end up with two PDF files or just the original PDF file, if you wanted to overwrite it. In short, the XFDF approach will produce an XFDF file; whereas, the API approach will only generate PDF files - no XFDF.

So, it sounds like you want to produce PDF files without XFDF files, so it means you'll need to use the API approach for your project.

Hope it makes sense...

--------------------

frm
post Oct 15 2018, 03:27 PM
Post#85

ok
thank you

theDBguy
post Oct 15 2018, 03:32 PM
Post#86

Hi,

Good luck!

--------------------

theDBguy
post Oct 15 2018, 03:34 PM
Post#87

By the way, I just thought of a workaround to get what you want even if you're using the XFDF approach but it would mean you'll need to generate both the PDF and XFDF files with the same name in the same folder. You could give that a try.

Cheers!

--------------------

frm
post Yesterday, 12:57 AM
Post#88

Hi,

It seems like a good alternative.
You have been very kind to here, I ask too much if you could give me some help
for this solution because alone I am not able to do it?

Thank you

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th October 2018 - 03:44 PM