UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Web Services Dll Created For Access App Is Missing The App.config File, Access 2010    

colelaus
post Apr 20 2017, 08:46 PM
Post#1

I've been asked to push some data to an external web service using Access 2010. After researching this all day, it looks like many suggestions point to using Visual Studio to create a dll that utilizes VS's ability to auto generate the web services protocol code, reference then dll in Access and then call it from my Access 2010 database. The web service code works great as a standalone exe. However, when I create a dll, reference it within Access and then call it from by Access VBA code, I get the following error
"Could not find the default endpoint element that references contract 'ServiceReference1.NameOfMyDllClass' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this contract could be found in the client element."

After a little more digging, it appears that creating a dll does not include the app.config file that contains this information so I'm guessing my class can't find the configuration information it needs. Most recommendation indicate the add the info in the app.config file to the host's app.config but off course Access does not have anything like that.

With so many recommendations to use dlls that wrap the web services, it sounds like a great way to go but I must be doing something wrong. Any help to get me pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2017 - 06:15 AM