UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows Or Office Busy, Windows 10 & Office 2016    

SerranoG
post Feb 26 2018, 08:46 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

I suspect this is more of a Windows 10 setting than an Office 2016 setting, but I may be incorrect.

I find that if I open an Access database and set a query or set of queries running, that I cannot double-click and open any other database from File Explorer or a shortcut icon until the first database has finished. If I double-click the second database (either directly or through a shortcut), my computer completely ignores me.

If I open Access by itself without choosing a database first, then browse to the second database, then open it, it will open normally whether or not the first one is finished.

So my question is this. Is there a resource allocation or RAM allocation setting that is telling me, "Nope, I'm busy. I'm not going to that," which I can reset so that I can open the second database despite the first one being busy?

thanks.gif

--------------------
Greg Serrano
Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality
Air Quality Division
Go to the top of the page

ranman256
post Feb 26 2018, 12:09 PM
Post#2

Queries take a lot of resources, mem and cpu.
If a query is running, you cannot open anything , except maybe internet browser. They dont use a lot of cpu like queries do.

you must wait till the query is over.

SerranoG
post Feb 27 2018, 04:57 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

If a query is running, you cannot open anything

But I can open things. I can open any other Office product normally. I can also open another database using "the long way" as I mentioned above. I just cannot open another databse from a shortcut icon or from File Manager.

--------------------
Greg Serrano
Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality
Air Quality Division

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th July 2018 - 10:22 AM