UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Number Lock For Keypad Not Sticking, Any Versions    

pere_de_chipstic...
post Sep 22 2018, 04:10 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess Editor

I have been trying to resolve this problem for a friend who has an Acer Desktop running Windows 10 and has Microsoft wireless keyboard

The number lock key on the keyboard can be used to switch the keypad (with a bit of persuasion) to the numeric keypad mode, however whenever the PC is restarted it reverts back to the cursor control mode.

I've amended the registry to set the keyboard InitialKeyboardIndicators to 2 for HKey_current_user and HKey_users - all to no effect.

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this?

Many thanks

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie
Go to the top of the page

pere_de_chipstic...
post Sep 25 2018, 06:38 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

I believe I have found a solution to this problem!

In the Settings menu under 'Ease of Access' --> 'Mouse' --> 'Control your mouse with a keypad'

The 'Turn on Mouse Keys to use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer' was set to 'On' and the 'Only use Mouse Keys when Num Lock is on'' option was checked.

Switching off 'Turn on Mouse Keys to use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer' simply made the mouse pointer disappear altogether (slightly worrying moment there shocked.gif ! )

So, leaving it on and unchecking the 'Only use Mouse Keys when Num Lock is on'' option returned the PC to it's expected behaviour and the Num Lock setting was held the next time the PC was switched on.

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th October 2018 - 10:13 PM