UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Facebook Dis-connect    

ghubbell
post Mar 22 2018, 07:11 PM
Post#1

UA Administrator

Just a heads up to anyone who might care, UA Administration has decided to remove our links to Facebook (FB) along with deleting our complete Facebook page.

This is of course to positively distance ourselves in light of the recent events with FB / Cambridge Analytica and also and perhaps most offensive, comments which have become public, which were made by Mister Zuckerberg regarding how he perceived (perceives?!) Facebook users - a statement he made during Facebook's early years.

You are welcome to comment as you please, perhaps express your own feelings though do recall, we do not (never have permitted) discussing politics or religion - and the Facebook issue is neither of those, more in my opinion, one of ethics, proper business practices and respect, or the lack thereof.

A reminder to everyone that any / all of your personal information provided to UA, remains completely confidential and we do not permit access to these records (encrypted) to anyone outside of 'these walls'. We never have.

Our most important guideline here is and shall always be, "treat all other members with dignity and respect. People who answer questions at UA do so for free. Politeness and appreciation go a long way."

Thanks everyone,

Gord cheers.gif
Go to the top of the page

JVanKirk
post Mar 26 2018, 08:28 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Love it. UA has always been awesome..I often refer to UA as UtterAwesomeness smile.gif

--------------------
Jason VanKirk
Clarksville, TN

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you're dead and rotten, do something worth writing, or write something worth reading." - Benjamin Franklin

rabroersma
post Mar 26 2018, 05:15 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

I've never signed up for facebook so I cannot sympathize with everyone's pain. But I've heard it said that many personal relationships were strained due to the overly free, overly open, and overly personal expressions about of politics and/or religion.

With this thought in mind, I can see the wisdom of limiting philosophical discussions at UA to surrogate key designs versus natural key designs.

--------------------
Regards, Richard
Postgresql 10 Version Released! - Newly added MS-Access friendly features in this release -> More Parallel Query Execution, Declaritive Table Partitioning, SQL Compliant Identity Columns

stngman
post Mar 28 2018, 11:53 AM
Post#4

UA: Greatly appreciated.... If we could be a part of social media without malevolence that would be great. But since we/they, as civilized human beings, can't seem to get there, I believe UA has made the best decision.

Thank you,

Stngman

JonSmith
post Mar 28 2018, 05:04 PM
Post#5

I know I'm one of the younger ones here so Facebook was maybe more relevant to me this past decade.

That said, good move UA. I have never used the Facebook links.
Infact they nearly got me in trouble at a previous job! Someone tried to dig up dirt on me and make a hit piece on me. They alleged I was going on Facebook all the time (which was blocked) and gave evidence they got from logs of all this pings to FB to HR.

Luckily I was smart enough to work out they were from the embedded stuff on UA and protect myself and get the nasty person attacking me to back off.

Long story short, glad they are gone. Causes problems and no benefits. Lets keep UA constructive and about the subject! (No politics etc!)

Sandi V
post Mar 29 2018, 01:12 AM
Post#6

This makes me happy. I like our group just fine that way it is.

Raas
post Mar 31 2018, 06:51 PM
Post#7

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st April 2018 - 06:24 AM