UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Listview Form Doesn't Display All Query Items Anymore, Access 2013 Web App    

RobKoelmans
post Jul 14 2017, 06:24 AM
Post#1

Hi folks,
Normally, the listView shows the first so many items and it retrieves more when you scroll down. For some reason in OnPremises SharePoint2016, it stops after an arbitrary amount of records and retrieves some more when you scroll down (but not always). The more simple the underlying query is, the better the ListView form works but the query itself always returns the correct dataset. We can tell by having the query result in a datasheet as well. It we use the filter control from a ListView, each existing record is always found. Even when it's not displayed in the ListView list part. In Ofice365 everything works okay.

Does anyone have similar experiences or perhaps even a solution?
Kind regards, Rob
Go to the top of the page

RobKoelmans
post Jul 16 2017, 04:40 PM
Post#2

It looks as if this is an old problem that has been solved on O365 SharePoint but not on On Premises SharePoint 2016. I found this in a google cache of (a not existing anymore) AWA-uservoice webpage.

Fix serious flaw in Access Web App LIST view
LIST view shows fewer items than actually exist. Below is the response I received back from Microsoft Partner Support who obviously have know idea what is going on so they have passed the buck to this forum.

I have seen this issue across various forums including our community (Post URL https://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-46f4ddec0477). It appears that the issue occurs widely but very sporadically. There should be a flaw in Access Web Apps. Hence I would like to suggest you go to the Access Web Apps uservoice site and report this issue to the Product Group via this channel:

https://access.uservoice.com/forums/321915-access-web-apps

Additionally, you may contact the Office 365 local support to double confirm this issue. It is a free support and you can get the support phone numbers from here.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Jackie Xu
Microsoft Partner Support Community Technical Support Engineer
Microsoft Global Partner Services

• Hi Anonymous san
This is Yoshiki Tojo, from Tokyo, Japan.
I could not determine your issue. We could insert the field to List View from available list.
I have experienced no limitations. Do you have some limitations, on List view?
I think there are very little issues on List view, comparing with Data sheet view.
I'm sure Data sheet view development is difficult for product engineer.
However Jackie is an excellent staff of MS partner network.
If Jackie has recognized this as an issue, it will be true.
Pleas let me know your pointed out issue details, if you have enough time to report.
I'll try it.
Thanks.

RobKoelmans
post Jul 16 2017, 05:43 PM
Post#3

Did some testing because I couldn't understand I didn't encounter this problem in 2012-2015. It doesn't occur if you have the indexing perfectly matched with the query (which of course I did back then :-). Now issues whatsoever with more than 10,000 records

The ListForm is just not overloading the database server if your query isn't indexed properly. I know now again why I loooove Access Web Apps :-).

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Knipsel.PNG ( 11.71K )Number of downloads: 0

RobKoelmans
post Jul 21 2017, 03:31 AM
Post#4

Well they're closing the case again. No support On Premises either. Read from the bottom up.
Rob

HI Aleksandar,
I presume Access Web Service 2010 and 2013 are deployed as Service Applications in SharePoint. With these being put to end of life in O365 and unsupported (but there) in On Premises SharePoint, Microsoft could make the source and compiling environment publicly available. It would be very easy to gather dozens to hundreds of developers that are interested in fora like accessusergroups.org and UtterAccess.com.

I have no clue on what’s going to happen in MS-Access 2020 Desktop but certainly the Access Web App mode will stay in there (regarding the service will still be in the next version of SharePoint).

At this moment many developers try to migrate to products like Zoho Creator a.t.l. Those developers have been loyal to Microsoft for decades and feel left out in the cold by Microsoft the way things are now.

Not just the AWA-developers but also a lot of MS-Access Desktop developers could be very interested of the SharePoint Webservices would remain to be supported and expanded. I know of a number of MVP’s that would very gladly invest their time and money in an Interest Group on Access Web Apps.
Kind regards,
Rob Koelmans
MetaMicro Automatisering B.V.

Van: Aleksandar Kumanov (Convergys Corporation
Verzonden: vrijdag 21 juli 2017 09:34
Aan: Gerard Timmerman
CC: MSSolve Case Email ; Rob Koelmans
Onderwerp: RE: [REG:117071116021383] Query results display format and language not consistent

Hello Gerard,

Thank you for the e-mail.

You‘re correct, the access apps are supported for the on-premises versions of SharePoint. However, your issue seems not to be related to configuration but something deeper related to the source code, that’s why you won’t be charged for this service request.
As we discussed over the phone in the internally logged issue I’ve found that adding index is the only available workaround at the moment. Unfortunately, I have no information how safe this method is.

As agreed, I will push for an additional information and once I receive it I will share it with you.

Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.

Best regards,

Aleksandar Kumanov
Support Engineer
Convergys on behalf of Microsoft Customer Service and Support

Support for business | MPN Support | Safety & Security Center

If you have any feedback about my work, please let either myself or my manager, Nikolay Tenev.

Note: This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open any attachment and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.

Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:58 PM
To: Aleksandar Kumanov (Convergys Corporation)
Cc: MSSolve Case Email ; Rob Koelmans
Subject: RE: [REG:117071116021383] Query results display format and language not consistent

Hi Aleksandar,

We only accept closing of this case after you (Microsoft) have confirmed that the workaround of adding indexes is a fail-safe method that (if applied properly) guarantees returning complete query results.

The Access Apps were announced to remain supported for the normal product lifecycle and it will be part of the next Sharepoint version after 2016. So, regardless of the termination of the product in 365, Access Apps should be a fully working environment on premises for many years to come. The product could not be considered fully functional if completeness of query results would not be certain with the workaround, we therefore need the confirmation from Microsoft that the workaround is a 100% solution.

Best regards,

Gerard Timmerman

MetaMicro Automatisering BV
Friesestraatweg 388
9718 NW Groningen
tel:0503168160

Van: Aleksandar Kumanov (Convergys Corporation)
Verzonden: donderdag 20 juli 2017 15:42
Aan: Gerard Timmerman
CC: MSSolve Case Email
Onderwerp: [REG:117071116021383] Query results display format and language not consistent

Hello Gerard Timmerman,

Further to our phone conversation I’m sending you this e-mail.
This support request will now be archived. If you have further problems within the scope of this issue, please do reopen the support request.
You may receive an invitation from Microsoft to complete a brief web survey. Your feedback is very important to us. We use it to continually improve our service. We would appreciate it if you can take the time to complete this survey. In addition, if you would like to discuss any feedback you can contact me or my manager using the contact information in my signature.
Below is a summary of the support request for your records:

• Symptom - When the cx opens an access app in the SharePoint, then the table "tblCache" and click on the button to generate new sessions "Create for this session" in the form "Test" all of the records "Employees" table are being generated but only 50 of them shown in the view. If the user searches for the item "51" it's shown. The total number of the items is 1900. In the Datasheet view only 50items are shown.
CX has made the following tests:
"1 We created a second identical Query and discovered that swapping the query for the same datasheet view would consistently produce 50 rows with the original query, and 1900 rows with the new identical query. The new identical query had the unreliable effect of showing reducing numbers of rows when repeatedly using the scroll bar; like 1900 -> 745 -> 250 -> 180 etc rows on each movement of the scrollbar.
2 We added an index on the SessionString field and with that index both queries worked flawlessly ! Both datasheet view and list view now keep showing the full 1900 items."
• Cause - N/A
• Resolution - Expected behavior where the only available workaround is to add index

My first priority is to make sure that I have reached or exceeded your expectations regarding this support.

If I can continue to assist you or if you have other suggestions for improving our support, please feel free to contact me or my manager, Nikolay Tenev.
If you have suggestions for improving the SharePoint product, you can submit them here aka.ms/spfeedback (you can also participate in voting for existing submissions).

Best regards,

Aleksandar Kumanov
Support Engineer
Convergys on behalf of Microsoft Customer Service and Support

Support for business | MPN Support | Safety & Security Center

If you have any feedback about my work, please let either myself or my manager, Nikolay Tenev.

Note: This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open any attachment and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.

Thank you.
This post has been edited by RobKoelmans: Jul 21 2017, 03:45 AM

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    28th July 2017 - 06:06 AM