UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Command Buttons, Access 2016    

Ron38
post Aug 6 2017, 08:00 AM
Post#1

My command buttons are generated as flat rectangles. Special Effects is not there for Command Buttons. Control Formatting is grayed out except for Shape Fill and Outline. How can I make my buttons look like a COMMAND? Or do I have to define them as labels or text boxes and modify properties? I am really wondering why the automatic formatting disappeared... sarcasm.gif
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Aug 6 2017, 08:20 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Perhaps this is the result of a theme applied to the form?

Attached File  ApplyTheme.png ( 34.53K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

Ron38
post Sep 13 2017, 08:15 AM
Post#3

Talk about a delayed response...I have compared the theme on an application that has proper command buttons with my current app that has flat rectangles. Command button defaults are the same, and both use the standard MS theme Facet.
I suppose it is silly, but the flat rectangle command buttons bugs me! See attached for demo.
Thanks for your patience with my little tantrum

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Command_Button_Problem.pdf ( 171.06K )Number of downloads: 6

River59
post Sep 13 2017, 08:42 AM
Post#4

I am working in 2016 and my format gives me Shape Fill, Shape Outline and Shape Effects. Effects allows me to select bevel, shadow, glow, etc. Not sure why you don't have this format option available but it is not because you are using 2016.
I don't use themes but I did select a couple and the Effects options are still available to me. Not sure what you are experiencing.

This post has been edited by River59: Sep 13 2017, 08:43 AM

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...

missinglinq
post Sep 14 2017, 11:59 AM
Post#5

If you create a new file, then create a Form, does the problem still exist?

Was this database created in this version of Access? I vaguely remember reading of a similar problem when a file created in an earlier version of Access was worked on in a later version.

Of course, on the chance that this is some strange sort of corruption, you could create a new file and Import everything into it and see what happens...takes but a minute and solves an amazing number of problems.

Linq ;0)>

--------------------
Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

R. Hicks
post Sep 14 2017, 01:43 PM
Post#6

UA Forum Administrator

If the file is saved as a .mdb format .... the features will be disable as you describe.
The file needs to be in a .acdb format.
If the file is not in the .acdb format ... you should be able to convert it by using the "Save and Publish" option under the "File" tab of the main menu bar.

R.

--------------------
Ricky Hicks
Birmingham, Alabama USA

Ron38
post Sep 23 2017, 12:00 PM
Post#7

Using shapes may be my answer. I can indeed change the default command button to bevel, and it looks the way I want.
Thx!!!
My theme file is the default Facet.thmx. However, I did create a new db and a table and form: The command button came out green! (As it did in the db I am working on, but I changed the default color.). My db is an .accdb, but I have forgotten whether the original was an .mdb or not. Still puzzled, but I can get around it now.
Thanks for all of your answers.
This post has been edited by Ron38: Sep 23 2017, 12:05 PM

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th September 2017 - 04:55 PM