UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Issue With Subform Populating From Main Form Textbox, Access 2010    

JosephRJohnson4
post Apr 19 2017, 11:08 AM
Post#1

I am utilizing a Navigation Form, which has a Tab named "Case Selection Form" on it. The Case Selection Form has a textbox called "MRN #" that is directly linked to the MRN # textbox on the Correlating Cases subform. This subform is a continuous form, which is supposed to display all the case numbers that correlate to the patient's medical record number (MRN #). On the property sheet for frmCorrelatingCases I have:

Source Object: frmCorrelatingCases
Link Master Fields: MRN # (tblMaster)
Link Child Fields: MRN # (frmCorrelatingCases)
Filter on Empty Master: Yes
Enabled: Yes
Locked: No

What's supposed to happen is that when you type in the MRN # in the textbox on the Case Selection Form and hit Enter is that all the correlating cases connected to that patient's MRN # is supposed to populate in the Correlating Cases subform. However, what happens is that any time you open up or return to the Case Selection Form and type in a MRN # is that the Correlating Cases form doesn't display anything at all. I have to go into the Property Sheet for the frmCorrelatingCases and remove the Source Object and then put the Source Object back to frmCorrelatingCases for the information to populate in the Correlating Cases form.

I have been researching everything that I can find on getting a subform to populate based off a data field on a Main Form. And have tried several of the potential solutions listed with nothing working, so far. I have tried solutions using VBA, macros, and even expressions without finding anything that has resolved the issue that I have been having with this particular database. I could definitely use any help that I can get trying to find a permanent solution to this problem.
Go to the top of the page

RuralGuy
post Apr 19 2017, 11:29 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I'll start off rather slowly here. I would start by applying a couple of simple rules for MS Access: Don't use embedded spaces in object names and don't use diacritical characters [!@#$%^*()+] in object names. They can both be problematic. What you want to happen will happen once everything is set up properly. Do you want the LinkChildFields property to point to a field in the record source of the SubForm or a control on the SubForm?

--------------------
(RG for short) aka Allan Bunch Previous MS Access MVP acXP, ac07, ac10, ac13 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro, Win10 Pro
Please reply to the forum so all may benefit.

JosephRJohnson4
post Apr 19 2017, 11:39 AM
Post#3

Once the patient's MRN # is entered into the textbox located on the Case Selection form and the "Enter" key is hit, then all the correlating cases directly linked to that particular MRN # are supposed to populate in the Correlating Cases subform, which is setup as a continuous form. The Correlating Cases subform is supposed to show the correlating cases whenever a MRN # is entered into the MRN # textbox on the Case Selection form. Additionally, the Correlating Cases subform is supposed to show the cases of the MRN # of the last MRN # entered until a new MRN # is entered into the MRN textbox on the Case Selection form. I hope that this answers the question that you were asking.

Dan Dungan
post Apr 19 2017, 02:09 PM
Post#4

What are the values in the subform's Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields properties?
This post has been edited by Dan Dungan: Apr 19 2017, 02:12 PM

--------------------
Dan

mike60smart
post Apr 19 2017, 02:12 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Hi
Can you upload a zipped copy of the Db so we can see the structure??

--------------------
Hope this helps?

Mike

Get happiness out of your work or you may never know what happiness is.

JosephRJohnson4
post Apr 21 2017, 07:47 AM
Post#6

Due to privacy rules I can only upload a shell of the database with the majority of the data in the tables removed. It will take little time to create the shell version, but once I am done removing the data that has to be removed I can definitely upload a copy of the database.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd September 2017 - 06:37 PM