UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Microsoft Access Database Engine Cannot Find A Record In The Table "tblpatientvisit" With Key Matching Field(s) "patient Id", Access 2010    

mkaufman
post Apr 3 2018, 09:54 AM
Post#1

Hello,

I am pretty new to access and I am creating a database for a side project at work. This database will be used to track patient visits to our clinic and the providers they've seen as well as contact and referrals that we make to certain patients.

I have created the main form with 5 subforms attached so that data entry would be a simple maneuver for the nurses at the clinic. I created a table for each form with the appropriate fields and created my relationships. My tables include: 1) Patients 2) Patient Visit 3) Patient Referral 4)Patient Contact Details 5) Patient information. My main form has 4 fields from patient information (last name, first name, DOB, Medical records #, and [censored]). I also created my relationships (1 patient-many patient visits)(1 patient- many referrals) (1 patient- many contacts) and so on. However, I am now having trouble with the actual data entry aspect of my database. When I enter data into the 4 fields in my main form and try to continue to enter data in my subforms, I have this error that pops up. "Microsoft Access database engine cannot find a record in the table "tblPatientVisit" with the key matching field(s) "Patient ID". I am not sure how to proceed, I have tried reading everything that I could but can not seem to find my next step.

Thanks again for the help.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Accesseror.png ( 127.9K )Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 3 2018, 10:03 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

"Double posting" is not allowed at UtterAccess!

Having one thread for the same question/concern is sufficient to get the help you need/want.

Please continue the discussion in your other thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

UA Mod Team

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd April 2018 - 05:42 AM