UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Call Out An Image From Access, Access 2003    

foxtrojan
post Apr 13 2018, 06:23 PM
Post#1

I have an Order form that requires an image of a product from the Supplier. I have a field [SuppQuoteID] which I enter the Supplier's Quotation ID. If I double click on this field I want to call out the Image. All the Supplier's Product Image are in a folder C:\7MProducts. I do not want to insert the image into the form because it takes a lot of space, so prefer to call out the image from a pre-defined folder. Any help is very much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Apr 13 2018, 07:50 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Look at the following I quickly put together for you. Hopefully it will get you going.

In the form, just double-click on the ID control.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Popup_Image.zip ( 191.15K )Number of downloads: 9

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

zaxbat
post Apr 13 2018, 08:19 PM
Post#3

This is not quite what you were asking but see if it gives you any ideas.....
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ExternalImages.zip ( 437.3K )Number of downloads: 6

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words and a zipped DB is worth a thousand pictures.

Cheers! Oh, and....please don't disappear into the Twilight Zone.... Holler back with your results!

foxtrojan
post Apr 14 2018, 01:29 AM
Post#4

Thank you so much guys for your quick replies.
I will look into them. Thanks again

foxtrojan
post Apr 14 2018, 07:57 AM
Post#5

Sorry I am still running version Access 2003 mdb format.

DanielPineault
post Apr 14 2018, 08:13 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Kind of a critical piece of information! Are you saying you are still running Access 2003 (my favorite version, but it is 16 years old now! No guarantee how much longer MS will continue to support these mdbs! Time to upgrade before you get a nasty surprise.), or that the file format is mdb but you are using a later version of Access? If the later then you should still be able to use the demo and even export the contents to the mdb.

Regardless, try this 2003 version of the sample file.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Popup_Image_2003.zip ( 189.87K )Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

foxtrojan
post Apr 14 2018, 09:38 AM
Post#7

Yes it is embarrassing that I am still using Access 2003. Microsoft has stopped supporting this version a year ago. I just love this fantastic program I just cannot sign the divorce papers. Yes, I am doing the back-ground work for the migration to Office 365. So many teething problems, I just have to use 2003 until I get zero errors. Appreciate your kind help and advice
Cheers..

zaxbat
post Apr 14 2018, 02:16 PM
Post#8

Sorry about that.....here is an mdb version....
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ExternalImages2000.zip ( 436.21K )Number of downloads: 6

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words and a zipped DB is worth a thousand pictures.

Cheers! Oh, and....please don't disappear into the Twilight Zone.... Holler back with your results!

foxtrojan
post Apr 14 2018, 07:30 PM
Post#9

Zaxbat, thank you so much for your DB. Pardon my limited knowledge of Access - how to pop up the image? Need to create a Command button at the "MyPicPath" to open
"Pic ??" according to the link or can be done automatically when the person is selected at the Main?

zaxbat
post Apr 14 2018, 09:43 PM
Post#10

I supplied some images with the DB they are in a folder named pics. If the pics folder is located in the same folder where the .mdb file is.....they should open automatically as you scroll through the list of contacts in the top window.

if you have extracted all from the zip folder....they will all be situated and ready to run.....if you moved the .mdb file...then it will not find the pics folder....
This post has been edited by zaxbat: Apr 14 2018, 09:45 PM

--------------------

foxtrojan
post Apr 15 2018, 12:28 PM
Post#11

Thank you so much. That's great, I will check and do as advised.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st April 2018 - 06:14 AM