UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subreport Limit Expanding Size On Unbound Form, Access 2010    

leopold
post Oct 10 2017, 10:28 AM
Post#1

Hello folks,

I have a unbound report(jpg) where I inserted a standard form we use at my office. I put a subreport on the unbound report. The space I have is limited and I am trying to keep the subreport results form expending beyond a certain size. Please see screenshots below.

Attached File  103ACapture.JPG ( 69.88K )Number of downloads: 3

Attached File  103BCapture.JPG ( 51.73K )Number of downloads: 3

As you can see the subreport expanded to a point that it covers areas of the report that I don't want to be covered. In this example I would only have room for the first two results and the third one would have to be printed on another page.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Leopold
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Oct 10 2017, 12:30 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Leopold,

It appears that you only need one report. If you don't want to use textboxes and lines to re-create the form's design and want to stick to using an image of the form, split the JPG into separate top and bottom portions. Put the fixed stuff from the top of the form into a Page Header, and the fixed stuff from the bottom of the form in a Page Footer. Move the data from your subreport's Detail section in to the Detail section of your one report. If the data exceeds one page, the Page Header and Page Footer will repeat on the subsequent pages.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

leopold
post Oct 10 2017, 01:28 PM
Post#3

Hi doctor9,

Thank you - very simple! Kicking myself for thinking to hard about it.

Take care,
Leopold

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th October 2017 - 06:56 PM