UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Queries Missing In Word Select Table List, Office 2010    

wpla747
post Oct 11 2017, 02:07 PM
Post#1

I use Mail Merge to send out mass mailings. The merge source files are tables or queries from Access databases. When I try to Select Recipients, Word does not display all the queries. I have deleted dozens of queries that I no longer need from the database but many recently created queries do not show up on the Select Table list.

Is there a limit in the number of queries Word can display?

Wilfred Plá
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Oct 11 2017, 04:20 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Wilfred,

A couple of things raise red flags in your post:

> I have deleted dozens of queries
> many recently created queries do not show up on the Select Table list

The second one almost seems like you may not be using the same database file for doing the mailmerge as the one you're adding the new queries to. But you may be right, there may be a ceiling to how many queries that Word can display. that first statement certainly makes it sound like you have a LOT of them. Try this:

Open the database, and go to the Visual Basic Editor. In the Immediate Window, enter this:
CODE
? DCount("*","MsysObjects","[Type]=5 And Left([Name],1)<>'~'")

That should display the number of queries in the database. How many are there?

Then, go to Word and verify that you are selecting queries from the same database file. If so, try to determine how many tables/queries are listed.

Finally, when was the last time you did a Compact/Repair on the database?

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th October 2017 - 09:42 AM