UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sharepoint Multiple Lines Of Text In Access View, SharePoint 2013    

mscraftyannie
post Apr 11 2017, 05:40 PM
Post#1

I'm having a heck of a time with a particular field type -- Multiple Lines Of Text.

First, I'm starting with a SharePoint site and creating a SharePoint "Access view". It links over just fine and I'm able to enter data in all fields EXCEPT any field containing Multiple Lines of Text (aka Memo field).

Bottom line, once I have view open in Access, when I attempt to update data in one of these Multi-line fields, I get this error message:

You cannot update this field because the value you're trying to apply is not valid or would break a data integrity rule. Please correct and try again.

I could see that being an issue with other data field types, but a memo-type field? I've googled all over heck and back and still have no answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anne
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 11 2017, 10:19 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Anne,

Welcome to UtterAccess!
welcome2UA.gif

Is this an on-prem install of SharePoint or is it Office 365? I would try creating a test list and see if it does the same thing. Otherwise, it might be something in the configuration of the current list.

Just a thought...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st October 2017 - 09:44 PM