UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Ribbons Won't Export, Access 2010    

bobdee
post Sep 7 2017, 04:37 PM
Post#1

I recently had to import my entire "old" database into a new database. The new Access database runs much better now. However, it looks like the custom ribbons I had in the old DB did not import into the new database. I selected all of the options to import objects, but totally forgot about ribbons. I don't recall seeing an option to import the ribbons from one database into another, but I wasn't looking for one either.

A MS article says that you can export custom ribbons from one Access file and import them into another. So, I'm trying to do that, but when I use the export feature (File-->Help-->Options-->Customize Ribbon-->Import/Export-->Export all customizations) the resulting file named "Access Customizations" essentially has nothing in it other than:

<mso:cmd app="Access" dt="0" />

It's been years since I did anything with ribbons and I remember very little.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

bobdee
post Sep 7 2017, 05:12 PM
Post#2

I was able to resolve the issue by opening the old database. Then bringing up the Navigation Options and checking the box marked Show System Objects. This made the table labeled "USysRibbons" viewable. I then closed the old DB and opened the new DB. From the new DB, I imported the table USysRibbons from the old DB. The ribbons are now available in the new DB.
This post has been edited by bobdee: Sep 7 2017, 05:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th September 2017 - 05:37 PM