UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Total Based On Contents Of A Subview Table, Access 2013 Web App    

CaptElmo2165
post Mar 20 2017, 08:58 AM
Post#1

Hi Folks!

I have a subview with the lines from a contract, each of which has a line total for the value of the line. I was using a RIC to display the appropriate contracts lines on the Contracts List view, but was getting a weird error in which line items which start with a '0' weren't being displayed. So, I moved to a subview, which is working great, only now I can't find a way to display the total contract value by calculating the sum of each of the displayed lines. Can I do this using a datasheet subview or do I have to use a summary sub? frown.gif

I thought I'd seen Jeff conrad use some code in a txtbox like =calculation.sum or some such but can't find it anywhere.

Cap
Go to the top of the page

RobKoelmans
post Mar 21 2017, 12:05 PM
Post#2

If you make a sum query with one or more parameters that gives you what you want, I'd call that with a datamacro on the OnCurrent Trigger and place it in an unbound textbox control on the main form.
Kind regards,
Rob

CaptElmo2165
post Apr 5 2017, 09:38 AM
Post#3

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the slow return on my part (away with work again).

So, I've got a query setup to take the Contract Reference (ID from the Contracts table) as a parameter and screen Contract Lines against this - that gives me a list of all the instrumentation currently covered by the contract I'm interested in. I'm then running a total query on this query to total the values. My question though, is how do I get a dmacro to call that query and feed the relevant ID to it as a parameter?

I can grab the ID easy enough but how to call the query and extract the result from it?

Thanks so much,

Cap.

RobKoelmans
post Apr 6 2017, 02:38 AM
Post#4

Hi Cap,
LookupRecord and/or ForEach. (referring to the query instead of a table).
Kind regards,
Rob

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    28th June 2017 - 05:49 PM