UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strangevba Error Cannot Open Database, Access 2016    

MS123
post Oct 10 2017, 10:29 AM
Post#1

Hi I have an Access 2016 db ODBC linked to a SQL 2012 backend. Randomly (it seems) as I'm using it I will click on something (eg a form button) and it will popup the following error:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the fil may be corrupt.
* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.

There's no pattern that I can see for which form or button I clicked prior to the error coming up.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

MS123
post Oct 10 2017, 09:12 PM
Post#2

Would anybody have any ideas? This database is used in a user environment and everybody is randomly getting it and it's affecting everyone's work. Each user has their own local copy of the db so it's not a sharing thing as far as I can see. The only slight pattern noticed is that when someone has been using the db, leaves to go do something for a while, comes back and anything at all they click on any form gives this error. Giving them a fresh copy of the db puts things back to normal for a while.
Don't understand why it says - Cannot open database '' - as only have a single database, there's no code to open any other db.

Thanks

gemmathehusky
post Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Missing reference?

Are all users on A2016?
Do all users have their own copy of the front end?

--------------------
Dave (Male)

(Gemma was my dog)

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th October 2017 - 06:23 AM