UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adp To SQL Server 2016, Access 2007    

jameswbrown
post May 26 2017, 09:47 AM
Post#1

I have a client that is trying to move some Access 2003 ADP/SQL Server 2008 to a new SQL Server 2016. They have Access 2007 installed on the new Windows 2012 server and I can get it to open a ADP and connect to the 2016 SQL server. But I'm getting "not responding" from Access intermittently. When reports using Stored Procedures run I'm getting timeout errors or even "does not exist" for the SP.

Now I know that what needs to happen is to redevelop these ADP's. But I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a similar environment to work as a temporary solution.
Go to the top of the page

Dan Dungan
post May 26 2017, 01:58 PM
Post#2

According to this Link, If you’re a user of Access 2000 through 2010, you may be familiar with Access Data Project (ADP) files — Access data files that provide access to SQL Server databases. Access 2013 drops support for the ADP format, and Microsoft recommends one of the following alternatives:

Continue using the same version of Access. ADPs continue to work in earlier versions of Access. They won’t work, however, with newer versions of SQL Server such as SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server Azure.

--------------------
Dan
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th July 2017 - 01:37 PM