UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sending Appointment To Google Calendar, Access 2010    

asimze
post Jan 6 2017, 03:19 AM
Post#1

Hi,
I am very interesting to find solution how to send appointment to google calendar. After spending tons of hours on net and study code, I found best code for authorisation and communication with google. I understand about 70% of code, but not all. I will be thankful if someone of seniors have will to finish this code as on project with form for sending appointment to google calendar. It will be god example for archive. And in this site best think is that have good solution for authentication. So, not only for google, but end for twiter. This solution will give new power for Access application.
https://github.com/VBA-tools/VBA-Web
TIA
Asim
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jan 7 2017, 07:41 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

What is your specific question? What do you not understand?

Have you actually looked over the Google documentation regarding their APIs?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2016 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Sadly, common sense is not so common.

asimze
post Jan 8 2017, 05:00 AM
Post#3

Hi DanielPineault,
there is not question, there are questions!!! When start, after install, to debug start problems!!! Definition of some private variables.
This http://VBA-tools.github.io/VBA-Web/ is very complex project with some problems. If seniors have wish to help us, and finish this project for Access it will be good.
1- I started this topic after TONS HOUR study on net, not after one hour on net.
2- There is not better place for solving Access problem than UtterAccess.com
3- Seniors on UtterAccess has interest or not. I think it is not question of knowledge of seniors.
4- It is not theory of conspiracy, but using MS Access with google sounds forbiden area. I read almost all information about Access and google calendar!
At least, I put this link to help some others with more knowledge, and save him lot of hours to save this problem.
Best wishes to all UtterAccess seniors!
Asim

payfast8898
post Jan 8 2017, 12:39 PM
Post#4

We have been exporting our desktop apt book to Google for 5 or 6 years now using a CSV file, export it and then import it into Google if that helps.

To import events from CSV files, just follow these steps:

1. Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
2. Select Import calendar
3. Click Choose file and find the file that contains your events, then click Open.
4. Select the Google Calendar where you'd like to import events, then click Import.

Please note that recurring events may not be recognized when importing events from CSV files. In this case, individual items will be created for recurring events that fall between the dates you've selected.

these are the fields I use and formats.

Subject:
Start Date: Format([date2].[TXTDATE],"short date")
Start Time: Format([date2].[TIME],"Long Time")
End Date: Format([date2].[TXTDATE],"short date")
End Time: Format(DateAdd("n",15,[TIME]),"Long Time")
All Day Event: "FALSE"

DougY
post Jan 8 2017, 01:51 PM
Post#5

Utterly Abby-Normal

Asim,

While UtterAccess members will gladly help you here, you need to specify the problem you are trying to solve. Posing the link to the code and saying it doesn't work,is less a request for help as much as "someone please fix it for me" request. As to the "It is not theory of conspiracy, but using MS Access with google sounds forbidden area." -- There is no such restriction. The code, based on the description on GitHub is meant to with Microsoft products, including Access.

--------------------
- Doug

When I said the program was fool proof, I hadn’t realized there were so many fools.

asimze
post Jan 11 2017, 01:44 PM
Post#6

Doug,
I know very clear, that my request is very specific, but if You look at code You will understand!!! Eight class!!! It is not so simple, but will help US ( not only me), to move one step up.
Adding possibility to communicate with google calendar, for any business application is gold medal.
If You need to help only to me, please don't do it. DO NOT PLEASE. Enabling mid range Access developer to work with google, that is my point. In situation when we have 90% code finished ...
UtterAccess is No.1 on the earth, isn't.
This isn't crying to help me, just to explain that my initiative is CORRECT
Best wishes!
Asim

DougY
post Jan 11 2017, 09:19 PM
Post#7

Utterly Abby-Normal

Hi Asim,

Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate your enthusiasm for Access and your thinking about making it better.

For anyone who reads this thread -- the request/proposal by Asim is to look at the code on GitHub and see of it can be updated to include working with Google calendar via Access.

--------------------
- Doug

When I said the program was fool proof, I hadn’t realized there were so many fools.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th June 2017 - 08:46 AM