UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sharepoint Or Office 365, Access 2016    

M2C
post Jan 18 2017, 04:11 AM
Post#1

Hi

Not too sure this is the right forum but here goes.

I am working for a small business that is running office 365 and I have provided a number of Access databases for them which are all split in that they all have a front and back end. Is there any way I can use office 365 or Onedrive to put the backend database in a shared place so that I can create a multi-user environment?

Thanks
Chris

--------------------
Chris
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 18 2017, 08:30 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

I would advise against it, if your intention is to put the BE in one of locations and link the FEs to them from your users' desktops. Even less desirable, IMO, would be putting both the FE and BE on SharePoint for people to run from there.

--------------------

JBGuernsey
post Apr 17 2017, 10:00 AM
Post#3

I have a couple of clients who are now using Office 365 with local front-ends and the back-end data uploaded into Sharepoint lists. No problems since setting up - approx 6 months now for the first system. Very flexible for the first client - the need was because they were moving premises and would have had a few weeks without a network or server. Office 365 with Sharepoint lists meant they could operate as normal with just an internet link. Second client is also finding it a good solution. Neither client uses more than a few thousand rows in their main tables. Operating speed is fine. A bit slower to get going while the internet link is established (I'm talking a few seconds here) but in operation it is indistinguishable from networked back-end. A beneficial side effect is they no longer need to worry about backing-up their data ... I am a bit nervous about this but Microsoft are supposed to have good redundancy. I have considered setting up a local backup routine but I'm not convinced it is worthwhile.
JB

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd October 2017 - 05:22 PM