UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trouble Keeping Data Columns Centered In A Pivot Table, Office 2013    

awinscott
post Apr 16 2018, 12:12 PM
Post#1

Hi,

I am having troubles keeping my data columns centered in a pivot table. I click the "center" icon and excel dutifully centers the data. But as soon as I change any filters in the pivot table the centering is lost.

I have attached a screen shot that visually displays the problem. You can see the data is not centered. I drew red arrows to show where the data should be located if excel retained the "center" command.

I also attached my excel spreadsheet so that anyone interested can test and verify the problem. Version 2013.

I appreciate any input or recommendations.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Capture.JPG ( 40.44K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Sample.zip ( 163.77K )Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

dflak
post Apr 16 2018, 04:16 PM
Post#2

Utter Access VIP

This sounds stupid but it works for the Cell B8 (Entry time) select All and center the cell manually. Then select a time and center the cell manually. This cell seems to behave itself after that.

For Cell B12, select each of the entries and center the cell manually. It seems to behave itself after that.

I haven't got a clue why this works.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd April 2018 - 06:30 AM