UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Runtime Does Not Display Modern Charts., Access 2016    

Marcelo David
post Jul 18 2018, 02:20 PM
Post#1

Hello!
My first post here and I'm really happy about it.

I would like some help:
Recently the modern graphics in MS Access 365 have been implemented.

I use an Application using Runtime.

But Runtime does not display modern graphics.

I have not found any updates that can run the application in runtime.

Could you give me some tips?

Sorry for English, I'm Brazilian and depend on the Google translator to express myself. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

Marcelo David
post Jul 20 2018, 07:26 AM
Post#2

Hello, could someone guide me

JonSmith
post Jul 20 2018, 07:51 AM
Post#3

Hi,

Sorry this was missed.

The new charts are a feature in Access 365, Access Runtime 2016 and Access 2016 are older versions and won't support this unless they are updated.
There is currently no 365 version of Access Runtime nor can you install Access Runtime aswell as office 365 so machine with runtime is simply not as up to date.
You'd need to convert that machine to Office 365 with a full version of Access to get the behaviour you desire or wait for Microsoft to release an Access Runtime 365 version.

JS

Marcelo David
post Jul 20 2018, 10:39 AM
Post#4

I'll wait for updates. Very grateful for the clarification. It's not just that you apologize! Thank you very much.

mattybrown
post Aug 29 2018, 03:54 PM
Post#5

Hi Marcelo

Modern Charts have only been around since Version 1805 (Build 9330.2078), which is only available in the Monthly channel currently. 1809 will be available on the second Tuesday in September to the Semi-Annual (Targeted) channel and the second Tuesday in January for the Semi-Annual Channel.

Since the runtime doesn't require licenses, you can go ahead and download and install it from the MSI/EXE 2016 package that doesn't benefit from Office 365 updates (so it's really old), or you can install it via the Office Deployment Tool for Office 365/2016, which benefits from Office 365 updates and you can download here. This is also known as the Click to Run version of Office.

Step 1. Download the 2016 version of the Office Deployment Tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=49117
Step 2. Extract/install the ODT to C:\ODT\
Step 3. Create a configuration file to choose the applications to download/install and save to C:\ODT\Configuration.xml
Step 4. Run a command to download the installation files
CODE
C:\ODT\setup.exe /download C:\ODT\Configuration.xml

Step 5. Run a command to install/configure the product(s)
CODE
C:\ODT\setup.exe /configure C:\ODT\Configuration.xml

Basic configuration file to install Access Runtime 2016 on Monthly channel
CODE
<Configuration>
  <Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="Monthly">
    <Product ID="AccessRuntimeRetail">
      <Language ID="en-us" />
    </Product>
  </Add>
</Configuration>

C:\ODT\Configuration.xml

Annoyingly, we've found that the Click to Run version is bereft of the ODBC accdb driver, so if you need it you will also need to install Access Database Engine 2016. To install that, download the installer, then run it with the /quiet command line argument, otherwise it won't install alongside the Access 2016 C2R runtime.

Let me know how you get on. We've installed 68 machines so far with the Access Runtime 2016 (1803, on the Semi-Annual channel), so I know it can be done!

Cheers,
Matty Brown

stephenAA5
post Sep 3 2018, 12:42 AM
Post#6

Hi, Matty. I'm looking to use this, as well. One question, is will it work alongside 2016 or 2010 Office installations? My users have purchased copies of these because of Excel/Word. etc.

Thanks!
Stephen.

mattybrown
post Sep 5 2018, 03:01 PM
Post#7

Hi Stephen

Yes - I've got it working alongside Office 2010 and 2016. The only thing is that if you've installed 2016 using the MSI or EXE setup, you need to uninstall and reinstall with the Office Deployment Tool / Click to Run installer. We've installed Access Runtime 2016 via ODT/C2R alongside Office 2010 Home & Business, Office 2010 Professional, Office 2016 Home & Business and Office 2016 Business successfully.

Cheers,
Matty.

stephenAA5
post Sep 21 2018, 03:09 PM
Post#8

Fabulous. Thank you!

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd September 2018 - 08:50 PM