UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
 
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Runtime Error 3027 (cannot Update. Database Or Object Is Read-only) When Opening .accde File Linked To Sharepoint, Access 2010    
 
   
sbaptista
post Jan 9 2014, 08:18 PM
Post#1



Posts: 3
Joined: 9-January 14



I get run-time error 3027 when opening an Access executable (.accde) database file containing tables linked to SharePoint 2010 lists. If I subsequently run Compact and Repair Database, the database comes up successfully. Details:
ol type='1'>
  • The executable file is built on a Win7 laptop running Access 2010. It is then copied to a Win8 tablet.
  • This behavior does not occur on the Win7 laptop.
  • The database is set to "Online with SharePoint" on both platforms.

  • The error occurs when attempting to run the following query:
    CODE
    PARAMETERS prmTag TEXT;
    SELECT [Term], [TextValue], [IntValue]
    FROM _Terms
    WHERE [Tag] = [prmTag]
    Ordertime error 3027 when opening an Access executable (.accde) database file containing tables linked to SharePoint 2010 lists. If I subsequently run Compact and Repair Database, the database comes up successfully. Details:
    ol type='1'>
  • The executable file is built on a Win7 laptop running Access 2010. It is then copied to a Win8 tablet.
  • This behavior does not occur on the Win7 laptop.
  • The database is set to "Online with SharePoint" on both platforms.

  • The error occurs when attempting to run the following query:
    CODE
    PARAMETERS prmTag TEXT;
    SELECT [Term], [TextValue], [IntValue]
    FROM _Terms
    WHERE [Tag] = [prmTag]
    ORDER BY [IntValue];

    I have a function that displays a MsgBox with the runtime error and other information when a runtime error occurs. After clicking OK on that MsgBox, the form that I'm attempting to invoke closes. Access remains open. I then run Compact and Repair database and the application runs fine.
    Go to the top of the page
     
    GroverParkGeorge
    post Jan 11 2014, 12:12 PM
    Post#2


    UA Admin
    Posts: 30,750
    Joined: 20-June 02
    From: Newcastle, WA


    Welcome to UtterAccess.
    On the surface, nothing about that query should lead to the problem you describe.
    Please elaborate a bit.
    _Terms is a SharePoint list, correct?
    When you open the database normally, _Terms is properly linked and available? i.e. you can open it directly, with no errors?
    You do not get this error from the accdB from which the accdE is compiled?
    Your accdE does not run relinking code?
    Go to the top of the page
     
    sbaptista
    post Jan 11 2014, 11:20 PM
    Post#3



    Posts: 3
    Joined: 9-January 14



    _Terms is a SharePoint list, correct?
    Yes
    You do not get this error from the accdB from which the accdE is compiled?
    Oget this error with both on the Win8 tablet. Both work on the Win7 laptop.
    Your accdE does not run relinking code?
    Not sure. I don't have any code that specifically attempts to relink (that I know of, i.e., I use DAO.Recordset. Does that do relinks?).
    The interesting thing is that _sometimes_ compacting/repairing the code will make the app "work" eventually for either accdB or accdE. I wonder if this is a network issue of some sort. As mentioned, I do not get these errors on my Win7 laptop. The behavior is the same when I connect to my company's WIFI intranet and when I work at home using my private WIFI network.
    Would it make sense to catch the runtime errors and do retries? (I'm reaching here).
    Go to the top of the page
     
    davestuart
    post Oct 24 2014, 02:03 PM
    Post#4



    Posts: 4
    Joined: 24-October 14



    I had this problem too and it is permissions. Even though you are in the Local Administrators Group for the machine you are on you still need to add your local admin account to the folder or even the entire local drive that you're trying to access.
    I discovered this when I was trying to execute a Macro via the command-line in a batch file. I needed to use a local Admin account as I put the batch file into Windows Scheduler so it would fire off at 10PM each night.
    I could have used my personal account and it would have worked, however that is bad practise because when my password is changed it obviously won't work anymore.
    Hope this helps someone out there as it looks like this is an old post.
    Long line MS Access
    Dave.
    Go to the top of the page
     


    Custom Search
    RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd October 2017 - 08:35 AM