UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Training Schedule Database, Access 2010    

rahulr79
post Jul 12 2017, 08:21 AM
Post#1

Hi guys

I am trying to update my Frm_Calendar_Large_Training to populate training from Training Date to Training end date but it is showing just for one single day in the calendar form.

Also Trying to put a filter so that my Frm_Calendar_Large _Training can show training for particular Trainer only like a combo box selection to view the training record from a particular trainer.
Please find attached database.

Any help and guidance will be appreciated

Thanks
Attached File(s)
Attached File  TEST.zip ( 291.39K )Number of downloads: 6

Go to the top of the page

RuralGuy
post Jul 12 2017, 12:13 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I think we will all have problems without the tblAppointments table.

--------------------
(RG for short) aka Allan Bunch Previous MS Access MVP acXP, ac07, ac10, ac13 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro, Win10 Pro
Please reply to the forum so all may benefit.

rahulr79
post Jul 12 2017, 05:29 PM
Post#3

instead of appointment table I am using tblTraining

RuralGuy
post Jul 12 2017, 06:50 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

So what have you installed to invoke the Training stuff to the Frm_Calendar_Large_Training form? I don't see anything yet.

--------------------
(RG for short) aka Allan Bunch Previous MS Access MVP acXP, ac07, ac10, ac13 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro, Win10 Pro
Please reply to the forum so all may benefit.

rahulr79
post Jul 13 2017, 04:43 AM
Post#5

Yep
But it is populating only the records for 1 day if training goes for 3 days it is not repeating and also i want to add an option so that i can select the trainer in the calendar form training

HiTechCoach
post Jul 13 2017, 05:49 PM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

rahulr79

Would you mind sharing a linked to where you downloaded the calendar?

instead of appointment table I am using tblTraining

That will only cause you problems.

It really needs to use a separate "appointment" table. It also allows it to be reused for displaying any dates.

To use the form:

1) Empty the "appointment" table by running a delete query.
2) Append (add) the dates you want to display into the separate (generic) calendar's "appointment" table.
3) Opened the calendar to see the dates.

But it is populating only the records for 1 day if training goes for 3 days it is not repeating and also i want to add an option so that i can select the trainer in the calendar form training

This is due to the fact that you are not using a separate table for the calendar.

Your training data is stored as a date range in a single record. This is fine for your needs. Not so good for displaying on a calendar where it needs one date per record/row. That is OK because the calendar uses a separate table that allows you to transform your data into a calendar friendly format.

For your data that spans multiple days, you need to split it up. When you append into the calendar's "appointment" table you will have to add a record for each separate day the training covers. Once in the "appointment" table, your data is in a format that can easily be displayed on the calendar.

--------------------
Boyd Trimmell aka Hi Tech Coach ( HiTechCoach.com free Access stuff)
Microsoft MVP 2010-2015 - Access Expert
Inventory Control, Accounting, BPM, and CRM Software Developer
"If technology doesn't work for people, then it doesn't work."

rahulr79
post Jul 18 2017, 06:53 PM
Post#7

Hi HiTech

Now I have added 2 extra table called tbl Calendar (Having all the individual dates) and loading the calendar with the below query

SELECT tblTraining.TrainingName, tblTraining.TrainingNotes, tblTraining.TrainingLocationID, tblTraining.Archive, tblTraining.TrainerID, tblTraining.CompanyID, tblTraining.HeadCount, tblTraining.Status, tblTraining.TrainingRoom, tblTraining.DaysInTraining, tblTraining.TrainingHrs, tblCalendar.the_Date AS dateoff
FROM tblCalendar INNER JOIN tblTraining ON tblCalendar.the_Date Between tblTraining.TrainingDate AND tblTraining.TrainingEndDate;

Still I am not able to select the training where status is Scheduled and for a particular trainer

Thanks

HiTechCoach
post Jul 22 2017, 02:56 PM
Post#8

UtterAccess VIP

Is it possible for you to post another copy of your database with the new tables and any other changes?

--------------------
Boyd Trimmell aka Hi Tech Coach ( HiTechCoach.com free Access stuff)
Microsoft MVP 2010-2015 - Access Expert
Inventory Control, Accounting, BPM, and CRM Software Developer
"If technology doesn't work for people, then it doesn't work."

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    28th July 2017 - 03:38 AM