UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> System Architect Software, Not applicable    

LeeAnn
post Feb 5 2018, 11:25 AM
Post#1

OK here we go, the last stop on this horrible journey and I hope someone here might have an idea or can point me in the right direction. I am in charge of some IBM Rational Software known as System Architect. There is a web application known as SAXT for it and it is where I am having an issue. The application works fine except when you try and log in as an updater, it will tell you that either you don't have the permission to update the Encyclopedia or that it needs to be updated. I have looked at the permissions 50o times it seems and I have access to read and write to the database. The Encyclopedia is the same version as the software so that is not an issue. I am at a loss as to what else to check (and so is IBM and Unicom who owns the software and supports it). IBM used to own the software but it is not supported by Unicom.

There is one thing I have noticed though. The license for our product does not contain one for "SAXT-READ" and I see in the license log file that states that " UNSUPPORTED: 'SA-XT-Read' (License server system does not support this feature.) " But it does have a SAXT-READ-WRITE license. IBM said that we should ignore that error but it bugs me. When we log in as a reader that works OK (we still get the license error with Read but it then switches to Read-Write and we can continue as usual).

I have tried to look for a forum that deals with System Architect but am unable to find an active one. All the ones are on IBM website and they are not currently being used by anyone I do not think. If anyone has any ideas or can point me to the right direction. I am thinking though that maybe the issue is in the license but IBM is adamant that it is not the issue.

So once again I am asking for the great people here on UtterAccess to help me once again with a strange issue that is not related to Microsoft products but I am lost as where to turn. Help me UtterAccess, you are my only hope.... pullhair.gif

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson
Go to the top of the page

LeeAnn
post Feb 8 2018, 04:14 PM
Post#2

I think I have all the problems licked. It seems that we cannot log in as updater because we do not have the impersonate login able to access all the needed folders on the server. I am in the process of getting that done. I hope this takes care of the issue and it is not a license issue as I once had thought. IBM has convinced me now that I should just ignore the error (I don't like the fact that the software is trying to access something that is does not need but hey, not for me to worry...).

Will keep everyone updated. I did not think I was gong to get any replies on this topic so I am not too surprised I did not, but had hoped that someone knew of a forum I could access as the one on IBM's site is sort of been declared dead. dazed.gif

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st February 2018 - 02:12 AM