UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spacing Between Bullet Points, Office 2013    

bakersburg9
post Aug 7 2018, 01:53 PM
Post#1

I can find a million examples about paragraph spacing, but I could SWEAR that in previous versions of MS Word, you could adjust the spacing between bullet point items - I've tried everything, with horrific results - any ideas ?

This is what I have:

Titles:
• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
• The Three Little Pigs
• Jack and the Beanstalk

This is TOO much space between bullet points - actually, this is just a full space between points

Titles:
• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

• The Three Little Pigs

• Jack and the Beanstalk

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BulletPoint_SpacingBetweenPoints.zip ( 11.72K )Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Aug 7 2018, 01:58 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

As in all previous versions of Word, the "paragraph" property is where you control that.

Attached File  paragrphspace.jpg ( 98.42K )Number of downloads: 2

--------------------

bakersburg9
post Aug 7 2018, 02:52 PM
Post#3

George, I tried playing around with that - different settings, nothing worked - what I'm sure I used to do was "highlight" the space from just after the last word in the text associated with one bullet point to just before the first character on the next line below, and used the before/after spacing - all that's happening now is it increases the space between each line - I like the line spacing, but I don't want the next line for the next bullet point to have the same spacing - I don't want it all blending together - I want some separation, not just a new bullet point

Edit: Your example seems to work because there's only one line for each bullet point in your example
This post has been edited by bakersburg9: Aug 7 2018, 02:54 PM

bakersburg9
post Aug 7 2018, 03:12 PM
Post#4

This is very frustrating - I THOUGHT I found the answer, but instead it dealt with everything BUT my desired solution - it was things like how much space between the actual point and the first word - ugh.

GroverParkGeorge
post Aug 7 2018, 03:38 PM
Post#5

UA Admin

I don't know what else would be involved.

I think you should be able to use a combination of line spacing and Space Before or Space After to get what you need.

--------------------

bakersburg9
post Aug 7 2018, 04:10 PM
Post#6

George,
Yes, you would think - that's what I did back in the day - MS word acts strange - thanks so much for trying - I have looked on the 'net long and hard - one case, it seemed like I'd struck gold - the words lined up with exactly what I wanted, but when I followed the steps, it didn't work

Steve

bakersburg9
post Aug 7 2018, 04:35 PM
Post#7

OK, I found the solution !!! I asked a co-worker, and he said it's the 'line spacing' - I'm thinking *buzz* that's not it - been there, done that - but, BUT - he sent me a screen shot, and just below where he circled the line spacing, I see this check box, that says: "Don’t add space between paragraphs of the same style” – what ??? My co-workers wasn't checked – MINEwas, and that was the problem
Attached File(s)
Attached File  lineSpacing_SOLVED.png ( 13.56K )Number of downloads: 0

isladogs
post Aug 7 2018, 04:55 PM
Post#8

You just beat me to it
In answer to your new question, see the screenshot

Attached File  Bullet_spacing.PNG ( 21.81K )Number of downloads: 2

--------------------
nil illigetimi carborundem est