UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Powerpivot Dax Correlation, Office 2013    

DloMarX2
post Apr 19 2017, 05:07 PM
Post#1

I am stuck trying to figure out how to make this work and would really appreciate some advise. I want to build a pivot table the shows how many times a particular part has been ordered and how many times any other part was also shipped with it. Some of the DAX functions I am not that familiar with. I built similar in Access using a few queries.

Something like:

Part 1 | Orders | Part 2 | Orders Shipped w Part 1 | % both parts shipped together

Workbook setup:

PowerPivot connected w Access DB Order Table, Item Master and Date Table

Access DB has approx. 7 Million + rows (I know needs to migrate to SQL)

I want to be able to add slicers to this so I can show Part A shipped X times with Part B, but only X times in the last two weeks or break it down by order types, etc...

Users will be using Office 2013 32 Bit. I am using Office 2016 64 Bit.

Thank you,
Anthony

Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Apr 19 2017, 05:13 PM
Post#2

If you can swing it, convince the boss to upgrade the folks using PowerPivot to 64-bit Office. The problem is that DAX/PowerPivot is basically a miniature version of the Analysis Services Tabular engine, and it likes lots of RAM.

If this is a standard design pattern, it's probably covered by Ferrari & Russo on their website (complete with explanations and working downloadable files) www.daxpatterns.com Their English may not be perfect, but their programming is superb.

Thank goodness for the EDIT button! What you're looking for is called "Basket Analysis", and here's the page you should read... you can buy the whole DAX Patterns book if you want... DAX is a bear to learn if you are trying to do anything non-trivial... in that case, start with Rob Collie's book, PowerPivot and PowerBI. I have most of the books on DAX, and Rob's is the go-to book for beginner to intermediate DAX.

hope this helps
This post has been edited by MadPiet: Apr 19 2017, 05:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    30th April 2017 - 11:43 AM