UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chart On A Form With Crosstab As Data Source Sorts Weird, Access 2016    

jazzaus
post Apr 20 2017, 03:36 PM
Post#1

I have a form with no data source. On it are 2 charts, each of them have a data source of a crossstab query using a QueryByForm method for criteria. The main form has the controls (dates for start and end) that are the criteria.
Everything seems to work fine for awhile and then at one point the filter method still seems to work but the data becomes resorted.
I have attached a screenshot of the issue where the upper chart has been "fixed" and the lower chart still is sorted improperly. I can't reliably determine what causes the resort.
The "fix" is to edit the chart, change the the chart series to be "by row" and then back to "by column" and then it sorts property.
If I compile the front end it still is sorted improperly.

I have uploaded the front end (FrontEnd.accdb) and backend (Well Data.accdb). you will have to relink the tables to get it to work if you want to take a look at it.
The form is Charts.

Thanks,
Joel
Attached File(s)
Attached File  snapshot.png ( 45.95K )Number of downloads: 10
Attached File  database.zip ( 1.26MB )Number of downloads: 6

Go to the top of the page

ridders
post Jun 15 2017, 06:24 PM
Post#2

I've no idea what the chart is meant to mean but I noticed the lower chart has no data for Well 2

When I clicked to Edit the chart, the data looks OK but Well 2 header had an X in it.
When I clicked that, I got this message:

Attached File  Capture.PNG ( 62.67K )Number of downloads: 5

HTH

Colin
This post has been edited by ridders: Jun 15 2017, 06:25 PM

--------------------
Colin

Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10, Website, email
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th October 2017 - 12:52 AM