UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Database Or Object Read Only, Access 2013    

River59
post Apr 21 2017, 02:22 PM
Post#1

I have a small application that I cloned to use for a different file structure. The first app runs fine. The second app has the same tables but a few of the field names are changed.

Started getting the 'Cannot Update. Database or Object is read only' when I try to do a simple Transfer Spreadsheet action.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8, "Pull List", outputFileName, True

I've done all of the standard properties checks for read only status to no avail. I closed Access and re-opened the database ... same problem. I shut down and restarted my computer .. same problem.
I created a new database and imported everything into it .. same problem.

Any ideas where to look for this goofy error?

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...
Go to the top of the page

River59
post Apr 21 2017, 02:28 PM
Post#2

Oh, nevermind ... must have had some corruption. I deleted the code behind the non functioning button, compiled and saved. Close then reopened the database and copied the code from the original database back into it.
It seems to be working ok now .. whew!

Let's just all get out of here and have nice weekend!

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th December 2017 - 04:45 PM