UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Outlook Style Calendar For Access Projects, Access 2003    

isladogs
post Sep 18 2018, 07:00 AM
Post#41

Peter
In my own version of a monthly calendar which is very similar to yours, I add a More label for when there are more events than can be displayed in the available space.
E.g on 4th of the month below

Attached File  CalendarMonth.jpg ( 51.35K )Number of downloads: 14

Clicking that label opens the daily calendar where all items can then be seen

HTH

--------------------
nil illigetimi carborundem est
Go to the top of the page

isladogs
post Sep 18 2018, 12:28 PM
Post#42

Sorry the image in my last post was very low resolution and I left it too late to edit the post.
Here's a better version of the monthly calendar:

Attached File  CalendarMonth.PNG ( 59.59K )Number of downloads: 15

And here are the related day & week calendars

Attached File  CalendarDay.PNG ( 34.41K )Number of downloads: 8

Attached File  CalendarWeek.PNG ( 56.85K )Number of downloads: 10

This post has been edited by isladogs: Sep 18 2018, 12:30 PM

--------------------

Peter Hibbs
post Sep 19 2018, 06:24 AM
Post#43

UtterAccess VIP

Colin,

Thanks for the tip. On my calendar the user can click on the date field which opens a pop-up form that shows all the appointments for that date or if they click on the date above the text box it opens the daily calendar for that date so I have that option pretty much covered.

As a matter of interest, how do you show the different colours for each date? I am guessing you have three smaller Text boxes for each date with some VBA code to fill in the colours.

Peter.

isladogs
post Sep 19 2018, 07:53 AM
Post#44

Hi Peter

As a matter of interest, how do you show the different colours for each date? I am guessing you have three smaller Text boxes for each date with some VBA code to fill in the colours.

VBA code is used but not as you suggested
Each event is assigned to a category when it is created/edited

Attached File  EditCalendarEvent.gif ( 27.74K )Number of downloads: 1

The colours for each category are allocated/edited using this form (by program admins only)

Attached File  CalendarCategories.gif ( 47.29K )Number of downloads: 1

Finally, this colour converter form provides an easy method of determining the colour value required for any given colour

Attached File  ColourConverter.gif ( 25.14K )Number of downloads: 2

HTH

--------------------

Peter Hibbs
post Sep 19 2018, 03:04 PM
Post#45

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Colin,

OK, looks good. Perhaps you should submit it to the UA Archive!

Peter.

isladogs
post Sep 19 2018, 03:47 PM
Post#46

Thanks. It's a small part of a very large commercial application used in UK schools.
As such it would take a lot of work to turn it into a standalone application.

However, I do have several other items that might be suitable for the archive.
Whilst I have done this at several other forums, not sure how to submit items here.
Is there an article explaining how?

--------------------

Peter Hibbs
post Sep 19 2018, 05:13 PM
Post#47

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Colin,

I am not sure if there is a specific help page for posting the the UA Archive (I couldn't find anything) but here are two help pages which might help - Guidelines and UA Help.

To post a new article to the Archive you can just start a new thread in the Archive section (in the same way as to any other section) except that it will not appear immediately on screen. The UA managers will assess it and decide if it is suitable for the archive and if it is it will appear a day or two later. If they decide it is not suitable I guess they will let you know but none of mine have been rejected so I don't know what the procedure is.

Just some advice on posting articles from my experience - you need to make sure it will work for any country, i.e. dates and currency formats, etc. I have many enquiries about my earlier efforts where the date fields do not work in some European countries because they use date formats like dd.mm.yyyy for example. Now I always use the code supplied by Allen Browne for date formats which should work in any country. I have questions from countries all over the world (like Brazil, Australia, USA, Spain, Greece, Poland, etc) about how to change a design to work in those countries so you should be prepared for any follow ups. And the language translations can be a bit of a challenge as well. If you scan through some of my posts you will see what I mean.

Also I believe that you should provide some comprehensive instructions on how to use the examples (unless they are very self evident) as a some new users only have a very basic knowledge of Access and/or VBA/SQL coding.

Anyway, good luck if you do post anything.

Peter.

isladogs
post Sep 19 2018, 05:28 PM
Post#48

Thanks Peter.
That's all fairly standard procedure in terms of posting to a moderated area.
As a moderator at another forum, I'm conversant with the idea.

For info, I have a large number of example apps at My Website many of which have been posted at other forums.
I'm currently in the process of uploading a library of code samples to add to the website.
I'm also used to providing detailed documentation though I have to say the quality of your help files is always outstanding

Thanks again for your help

--------------------

riti90
post Sep 21 2018, 07:18 AM
Post#49

Hi Peter,

Sorry to disturb you again but I'd like to ask if you have any updates about the calendar?

Many thanks, smile.gif
Margarit

Peter Hibbs
post Sep 21 2018, 08:09 AM
Post#50

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Margarit,

Yes I do (sorry for the delay, it took longer than I anticipated). Anyway, see the attached zip file with the modified database, User Manual and the pop-up calendar icon (in case you should need it but you probably won't).

As you are using the 64 bit version of Access you will probably need to sort out the API calls before you can test it properly. Some information on that is at the end of the User Manual.

I have added the 'Chamber' facilities, as requested, although I have still used the name 'Appointments' for the records. I guess you might want to change that word to something more appropriate like 'Booking' or whatever but I expect you will be translating everything into Polish anyway.

Let me know how you get on or if you find any bugs or problems.

Peter.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Outlook_Calendar_V3o.zip ( 905.33K )Number of downloads: 12

isladogs
post Sep 21 2018, 09:16 AM
Post#51

Hi Peter

I hope you don't mind but as I also have 64-bit Office, I've added conditional compiling to the two modules so it now works on both 32-bit & 64-bit
I've called it v3p but forgot to alter the app title which still reads v3o

I may steal the yearly calendar for my own apps. Thank you

Attached File  Outlook_Style_Calendar_V3p.zip ( 836.35K )Number of downloads: 14

This post has been edited by isladogs: Sep 21 2018, 09:17 AM

--------------------

Peter Hibbs
post Sep 21 2018, 10:19 AM
Post#52

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Colin,

OK, thanks, that could be useful for some people and yes, feel free to use the Yearly form or whatever else.

Peter.

P.S. For anyone downloading this demo, I forgot to hide the Header section on the Appointment Schedule form (but I expect you figured that out yourself!!).
Also you need to change the Public Const conDayLength = 3 value in module modCalendarCode to 1 or 2 (rather than 3 which I also forgot to restore).

whybrow23
post Yesterday, 07:46 AM
Post#53

This is great, thanks for sharing Peter.

Question, how easy if at all, would it be to have the colour of the chamber shown in each of the calendar views like it does on the monthly one.

So say I have 4 differnet chambers
1. confirmed - yellow
2. Possible - Blue
3. Change over 1 - Purple
4. Change over 2 - Pink

I then open the calendar in the year view and from that going by the colours, I can see when and where they are

Hope I've made sense :-)

Again, thanks again for this Peter

Peter Hibbs
post Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Post#54

UtterAccess VIP

Hi whybrow,

Well I think it would be possible by using the same technique as that used for the Monthly view bu the problem with the Weekly and Daily views is what it would look like if you had appointments that run over multiple time slots and even more of a problem would be if you allowed multiple appointments for the SAME time slots. If the appointments were limited on the Weekly mode to one appointment per time slot (as shown in the screen shot in post #1) then it would work OK but if you have multiple time slots for appointments and with the ditto signs enabled as well, it could look a bit of a mess. I don't think the issue will arise for the Yearly mode because it is not possible to have more than one colour per date so unless you have only one appointment per day you can't really colour code those date boxes.

Anyway, I will give it some thought and if I can come up with a good solution I will upload it here (but it could be a while as I am very busy with other projects at the moment).

As a matter of interest, how would you plan to use the calendar in light of my comments above?

Peter.

riti90
post Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Post#55

Hi,
I did a small change on Peter's code just for trials and the weekly mode looks like this.
Attached File  Weekly_View.JPG ( 157.42K )Number of downloads: 6

If it's of any help I could attach the file so you can have a look.

Regards,
Margarit

whybrow23
post Today, 02:31 AM
Post#56

Hi Margarit

Thanks for geting back to me.

The whole database is great, but the bit I'm very interested in is the year view.

Only 1 appointment per day would also work for me.

So the idea abit like the attached, but in the format as per the database

with the 4 or more differnet chambers
1. confirmed - yellow
2. Possible - Blue
3. Change over 1 - Purple
4. Change over 2 - Pink

Many thanks
M
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Untitled.jpg ( 204.66K )Number of downloads: 2

3 Pages V < 1 2 3