UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Correct Typo In Enterprise Keyword, SharePoint 2013    

punster
post May 30 2018, 02:43 PM
Post#1

Am in the process of adding Enterprise Keywords to my documents on a document library. This might seem really dumb, but for one of the keywords that I added, I typed the first letter in lower case and would prefer that it be upper case. I have tried changing it using 1) ITem==> Edit Properties==>Save of the document itself; 2) Library ==> Quick Edit and 3) Library ==>Datasheet view. No matter which method I use, it looks like the change is successful, but then the page refreshes and it is back to the original lower case. There has to be a way to fix this?!
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post May 30 2018, 03:12 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Have you tried deleting the keyword, saving the document, then adding the keyword again correctly?

punster
post May 30 2018, 03:21 PM
Post#3

Have tried that, but it doesn't work either. Think the problem is that the system is remembering the Keyword and doesn't recognize case so it is reverting to the original. Need a way to get to where the Enterprise Keywords are stored and make the correction there....

June7
post May 30 2018, 04:59 PM
Post#4

Maybe this offers clue https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...arepoint-online

punster
post May 31 2018, 06:46 AM
Post#5

Checked out the link but cannot do for two reasons. One - I am only the owner of my site on SharePoint and don't have the proper access to delete system wide keywords. And two - I am only looking to delete or change the one keyword that has a typo - not all keywords. So thanks for trying, but not quite would I needed.

cheekybuddha
post May 31 2018, 06:51 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

>> I am only looking to delete or change the one keyword that has a typo - not all keywords <<

You wouldn't have to delete all keywords - you would adjust the PowerShell code to delete just the incorrect one.

But it seems academic anyway.

d

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd October 2018 - 09:51 AM