UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JPG Resizer    

SerranoG
post Jul 7 2009, 03:27 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

Would anyone happen to know of a JPG resizer that will take a batch of photos and set them all to, say, 500 KB no matter what the starting size?
There are times I have 50 photos of various file sizes, e.g. 1 MB to 4.5 MB. I want to be able to make them all, for example, 500 MB in one shot for sharing on a web site. Right now, I can only make them X% of the orginal size in one shot, but I still get various KBs. The smaller files end up too small or the larger ones end up too big when I try a batch resize. I don't care how big they are now; I want them to be all the same size when I finish.
thanks.gif
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jul 7 2009, 03:35 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Greg,
I'll have to double-check but I think IrfanView can do that.
Hope that helps...

theDBguy
post Jul 7 2009, 03:39 PM
Post#3

Yup! I thought so...
heck out this tutorial.
Good luck!

SerranoG
post Jul 8 2009, 06:14 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

I looked at the tutorial. I must be missing something. I don't see the option to batch resize all to a specific file size, e.g. 500 KB. I see the usual change to X pixels by Y pixels and change to X% of original size. I don't see "make them all X KB."

theDBguy
post Jul 9 2009, 11:58 AM
Post#5

Hi Greg,
Sorry about that... I guess that could be something that someone can recommend to the author of IrfanView to add to their next version.
I'm not sure if there's any other program out there that can do that.
Good luck!

Willem
post Jul 21 2009, 05:35 AM
Post#6

Hi,
On the FAQ on the IrfanView-website I've found this:

http://www.irfanview.com/faq.htm#Q5
Take especially notice of the last sentence:
Note: since version 4.20 is a new JPG save option allowed: Set file size. IrfanView PlugIns must be installed.
So, it should be possible. But I'll have double-check that.
HTH! thumbup.gif

adlena
post Jul 6 2013, 05:47 AM
Post#7

thanks for sharing

CyberCow
post Jul 6 2013, 09:47 AM
Post#8

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

I know this is an older thread, but the 'thank you' response post brought it to my attention. . . .
I've used two different programs to do this. One is Photoshop and it's batch control processing and the other is ammara.com's dbPix app for MS Access and SQL.
I have yet to find a free tool that does batch processing right.
hope this helps hat_tip.gif

Galaxiom
post Jul 7 2013, 10:03 AM
Post#9

Not exactly what was asked for but ImageMagick will shrink an image to fit into particular dimensions.
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/resize/#shrink

jleach
post Aug 29 2013, 08:15 PM
Post#10

UtterAccess Editor

Have you tried ezthumbs? I love it.
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/
You can run it from the commandline (as such, you can shell it out from VBA in a hidden window). To find how, install and click F1 for help, then Reference Information -> Commandline Switches.
Freeware: personal or business use.
Not sure that it can be done by size limit, but it does a lot of stuff and works quite well. I use it often.
hth (eg - hope this helps *someone*, as the thread is quite old)

DanielPineault
post Aug 29 2013, 09:24 PM
Post#11

UtterAccess VIP

I used some simple VBA to perform Batch processing of images using IrfanView using command-line editor. Actually pretty straightforward.

JonSmith
post Aug 30 2013, 03:09 AM
Post#12

I created this little utility a while ago, it was way after this topic was created but might be worth throwing in for future reference.
It uses Access to create thumnails for any size image, at the moment it spits them out in a bitmap format one at a time rather than batch and jpg but the files it creates are always the same size.
If I get some time I might add batch processing and see if it can export to other formats too.
Obviously this is all free and is all done in Access with no additional software.

Reddiez
post Aug 14 2017, 10:46 PM
Post#13

I created this little utility a while ago, it was way after this topic was created but might be worth throwing in for future reference.
It uses Access to create thumnails for any size image, at the moment it spits them out in a bitmap format one at a time rather than batch and jpg but the files it creates are always the same size.
If I get some time I might add batch processing and see if it can export to other formats too.
Obviously this is all free and is all done in Access with no additional software.

PTS or online tools may help

doctor9
post Aug 15 2017, 08:48 AM
Post#14

UtterAccess Editor

Reddiez,

welcome2UA.gif

You are replying to a discussion from four years ago. If you wish to join an active conversation, you can easily find them by using the "New Posts" and "Unanswered Topics" links in the upper right corner of the page.

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th September 2017 - 11:55 AM