UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Importing Excel Spreadsheet Limitations?, Access 2016    

Pianobee
post Apr 16 2017, 08:31 PM
Post#1

I'm doing a lecture on my piano tuning customer database at our next convention and I am sure that Tuners that might want to use it will ask if they can import their present Excel database spreadsheet. I have done it before when getting the list of Delegates from a past convention but would like to know the limitations. I know how to import into a table that the headers have to be exactly the same as what is in the Access table but I forgot if I changed the spreadsheet to only have the Access headers. The question is: What happens when only 10 out of 15 headers are the same as the Access table, will it only import the 10 similar headers or will the whole import fail?
Thanks
Robin Stevens

--------------------
Many thanks,
Robin
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 16 2017, 10:00 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Robin,

You'll have to test but as far as I know, Access will only import what it can match with the existing table.

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 16 2017, 10:56 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

I believe it will import only those fields that match. However, that's not really very useful, in any event. If the missed fields contain important data, you'll have to revise the import to accommodate it anyway I would imagine.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    28th June 2017 - 02:06 PM