UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Locked Db In 2016, Access 2016    

jedder
post Sep 12 2017, 10:32 AM
Post#1

We have 2 db's on a server (TSS01) users can access off a remote web access link to this terminal server
They were in 2007.
We upgraded to 2016 and only 1 of the db's still work.
The 1 created in 2007 version originally. STILL WORKS NO ISSUES IN 2016
The 2nd db was created in 2000 I believe. The one not working now.

We are getting the error

"The db has been placed in a state by USER "ADMIN" that prevents it from being open or locked"

Only 1 user can open at a time. Others get the error message....

"You do not have exclusive rights....."

Yes, I know about splitting a db.
This 2nd db is massive and would require a lot of behind the scenes.
Yes I compacted and repaired it.

Any helpful tips welcomed.

Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Sep 12 2017, 02:14 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Sorry to be downer, but splitting is your answer. It take all of 5 minutes to accomplish and MS even has a command to perform it all. Take the bull by the horns and split the db, distribute a copy of the fe to each user and move on. Actually, now might be also a good time to upgrade the mdb file format to accdb.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

doctor9
post Sep 12 2017, 03:33 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

If you're trying to reduce network traffic, your users are likely booting up virtual machines on the server side so the only network traffic is the keyboard mouse from the user and the video screen updates from the virtual machine. If that's the case, place separate frontends in each of the individual users' network folders so they are not opening the same frontend file on the server side. In other words, you still need to split the database and distribute frontends to each user. This is how Access is meant to be used my multiple users.

Hope this helps,
Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th September 2017 - 12:10 PM