UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Database User Interaction, Access 2010    

Buwaxo
post Sep 12 2017, 02:53 PM
Post#1

Hi guys I´m about to finish my database, but i don´t know how to configure the forms so the user won´t be able to interact with anything so he won´t be able to create anything or change to design mode he would only be able to interact with the forms and the reports any command for those things thank you.
Go to the top of the page

tina t
post Sep 12 2017, 03:06 PM
Post#2

to prevent the user changing the design of forms and reports and modules, convert the frontend database to .accde file format. this will not protect the tables or queries or macros, however - at least, that is true in older versions of Access, so i am assuming it is also true in newer versions.

to protect access to tables, queries and macros, you can set the database's AllowBypass property to False. search for details in these forums and/or the internet. take note, though: do this carefully, and on a copy of your database - it's possible to lock yourself out of your own database with no way back in, if you make a mistake.

hth
tina

--------------------
"you can't take the sky from me"

Buwaxo
post Sep 12 2017, 03:09 PM
Post#3

Thank you very much I´m gonna take a look on these and I´m gonna keep a copy of the Database.
This post has been edited by Buwaxo: Sep 12 2017, 03:14 PM

tina t
post Sep 12 2017, 06:47 PM
Post#4

convert the frontend database to .accde file format

i should also say: when you convert a database to .accde file format, Access will automatically create a copy of the db in that format. make sure you do NOT delete the .accdb database file! the .accde file is the one that you will distribute to users; the .accdb file is the development copy, that you make changes to, as needed, and back up after every revision.

hth
tina

--------------------
"you can't take the sky from me"

DanielPineault
post Sep 12 2017, 08:09 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Take a look at http://www.devhut.net/2016/09/01/securing-...base-front-end/ for some steps to take.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd November 2017 - 08:10 AM