UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Ribbon Making, Access 2010    

SemiAuto40
post Apr 24 2018, 09:03 AM
Post#1

I'm looking at the fantastic little list files demo that TheDBguy so graciously shared. I've never done anything with a ribbon but I see at the top of his demo there are a few tabs which look to be part of Access program. At the top of the screen are 3 tabs, 'File', 'Demo', and 'Acrobat'. It looks like the 'Demo' particularly is custom. Clicking on the 'Demo' tab reveals several options with pictures. I don't see how or where to make this type of thing.

Can anyone get me going?
Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 24 2018, 09:09 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

The best place I know of to get into ribbons is on Gunter Avenius' site.

--------------------

doctor9
post Apr 24 2018, 09:25 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

SemiAuto40,

Our Wiki has a few articles as well, like this one. Plus, don't underestimate the power of the UA Search utility.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

SemiAuto40
post Apr 24 2018, 09:44 AM
Post#4

Many thanks for the references. I did the 'Search' but did not read enough of the posts that it returned in order to come across the Ribbon Introduction. The Ribbon Introduction is exactly what I needed - and I also spent some time on the Avenius site suggested by GroverParkGeorge. Ribbons aren't quite as simple a process as I had hoped, but now I know where to start. thumbup.gif

DanielPineault
post Apr 24 2018, 09:48 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

It's done using a hidden USysRibbons table. Create the following query (that way you don't need to view/hide hidden content all the time)

SQL
SELECT USysRibbons.*
FROM USysRibbons;

There you'll see his ribbon XML Code.

Then, if you go and look over the Current Database options, you'll see he set the application's Ribbon Name to Demo (corresponding the the RibbonName in the USysRibbons table and that is why it loads at the startup of the database in question).

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

DanielPineault
post Apr 24 2018, 09:52 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

No, Ribbons, IMHO, are a nightmare (could have been implemented for developers in a much easier way and we could have been given some tools!). If you are serious about Ribbon development you truly won't go wrong with Gunter's tool. I've been using it for years for Access and Excel and it works beautifully.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 24 2018, 11:29 AM
Post#7

UA Admin

As Daniel has suggested, most long-time Access developers consider Ribbons to be an incomplete implementation, shall we say.

There have been requests to Microsoft to do something about that; unfortunately, other things always seem to take priority.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    27th May 2018 - 08:49 AM