UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update Field Based On A Value That Is In Multiple Fields In Table, Access 2010    

davidac
post Jul 17 2017, 05:52 AM
Post#1

Good Morning,
I need some help please. I have a table which has over 1.8m records in it which was imported and now needs to be tidied up. What I am after is help with a update query please. I need to locate a value which could be in multiple locations in the table, delete the value from its current location and then populate it in a new empty location. eg

(see attachment)
so I want to be able to take the value of say "South Yorkshire" and delete it from address 3 and 4 and then populate it in 5 so the all look the same.

I can do it on a field by field basis but is there a bulk way I can do this to save time please.
This post has been edited by davidac: Jul 17 2017, 05:59 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Capture2.PNG ( 8.5K )Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  Capture.PNG ( 9.86K )Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jul 17 2017, 06:41 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I've always built multiple queries (1 per field to cleanup) and then run them sequentially in VBA to cleanup such data.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this".
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good!

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th July 2017 - 03:39 AM