UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Potential Issue With Stdole2.tlb, Access 2013    

awjensen
post Jul 17 2017, 03:28 PM
Post#1

My application (accde) will not run on one of my client's machines. It crashes with a accdao error. This machine is running Win 7 and has recently been upgraded to Office 2013. My program creates a log of all of the references and this discloses that the version number of stdole2.tlb on the client's machine is 6.1.7600.16385. The version number of this file on my development machine is 10.0.15063.0. I am not sure that this is what is causing the problem but all of the other referenced libraries on the client machine seem to be up to date.

How to I instruct my client to update stdole2.tlb? I have searched extensively but cannot find some simple procedure for them to follow. Is an update of this library likely to cause other problems?
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 17 2017, 10:25 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

What do you use from that library? Do you actually need it?

It seems to me that it's primarily there to handle loading of images for OLE objects, which might not be a mainstream kind of thing. Is it something you're actually using?

--------------------

awjensen
post Jul 22 2017, 01:29 PM
Post#3

Yes it is required - used in several places in my app.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 22 2017, 02:42 PM
Post#4

UA Admin

Okay, thanks.

Given the situation, I'd start with a reinstallation of Office on the target machine. Since it's not necessarily the case that this particular library is the culprit, I'd say you would want to take it is small steps.

Another thing to consider is that an accdE, to run properly, needs to be created with the same version of Access --with the same updates -- which will be used to run it. Is that the case here?

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th November 2017 - 10:52 AM