UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Not A Tech Junkie But Need Some Advise On Software, 2007    

petite39
post Apr 26 2017, 09:47 AM
Post#1

Hello,

I've written a large database program in Access to handle our inspections of customer equipment.

I create reports and have to print and mail them to the customer and keep the tracking # for legal purposes, proving the reports were sent. I tried email code but I can't get a "delivery" receipt to put in a table.

So we are considering something were the customer logs in to see their reports online....but that's as far as the thought process has gotten since I have no idea how to do that. I need to save costs on the printing and mailing and clerical work put into the whole process. I'm not up to date on software products and web design so I have no idea where to start.

any ideas?

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 26 2017, 09:51 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Just throwing it out there as a quick idea...

You might be able to export reports from Access as PDF files, which you can then upload to a file sharing site, such as Google Docs, which you can then "share" with your customers to download or view using their browsers.

Hope it helps...

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 26 2017, 11:11 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

Does each customer need to see only their own reports? Or, to put it another way, do you need to restrict access to reports to the specific customer for which that report was created?

Security considerations like that will have a major impact, I would think, on how you deploy the solution.

--------------------

petite39
post Apr 26 2017, 12:42 PM
Post#4

No I don't think it would really be an issue for 1 company to see another companies reports, but I do not want my competition to see them or who I do work for. So I guess securing the reports would be a small issue.

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 26 2017, 01:19 PM
Post#5

UA Admin

It's it is online ANYONE can see it, and probably will, unless you implement appropriate security. To me that is not a small issue.

One way to achieve that might be an Office 365 site or the Google Docs site, to which you can provide access to specified users.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th May 2017 - 10:46 PM